Talk

Advanced search

what's the best vegan Yorkshire pudding recipe?

(16 Posts)
howamisupposedtodothat Mon 09-Dec-19 15:15:36

I'm not vegan but have 2 vegans coming for Christmas & have everything else sorted, but need a recipe for vegan yorkshires. I've made them before, but can't remember which recipe I used. Any recommendations?

virginpinkmartini Mon 09-Dec-19 15:18:10

Aww you duped me with the word 'pudding.' Was going to offer up an amazing avocado chocolate mousse recipe lol

PurpleDaisies Mon 09-Dec-19 15:19:24

Oh! Aqua faba meringues are great but not so good on a toast.

PurpleDaisies Mon 09-Dec-19 15:19:31

^roast

howamisupposedtodothat Mon 09-Dec-19 15:29:24

Oh no, sorry, I don't know how I missed the word Yorkshire out of my title!

howamisupposedtodothat Mon 09-Dec-19 15:33:12

I've asked if the title can be changed.
The puddings do sound lovely though, esp the avocado choc mousse - would you mind posting that anyway @virginpinkmartini?

AlphaJura Mon 09-Dec-19 16:59:22

I'm not sure how to link to the actual recipe, but if you search up A Virtual Vegan, Yorkshire puddings, she has a recipe. I will admit I've not tried it yet (was waiting to get a deep muffin pan which she says is essential) but I am going to try it and see how good they are.

howamisupposedtodothat Mon 09-Dec-19 17:22:32

THanks for that AlphaJura - looks like a good recipe. I might do a test run to see how they taste before xmas.

thetreeisstressingmeout Mon 09-Dec-19 17:33:41

Hazelnut milk- lovely nutty flavour to the yorkie

howamisupposedtodothat Mon 09-Dec-19 18:01:22

Thanks thetreeisstressingmeout. I don't think I've ever tried hazelnut milk. I'll put it on the shopping list.

thetreeisstressingmeout Wed 11-Dec-19 08:26:47

Makes good pancakes too

pourmeanotherglass Sun 22-Dec-19 12:37:28

Im planning on trying to do Vegan Yorkshire's for the kids on Christmas day.

A quick Google came up with 3 recipes from different websites that were pretty much identical and used stuff I have in the cupboard, except that I will need to get in a non-sweet vegan milk as DD normally has coconut milk for her cereal.

What do all you vegans have for Christmas dinner? I'm not vegan ( though I eat vegan meals half of the time) so am doing meat with lots of roast veg. Vegan DD1 says she is happy with loads of roast veg ( carrot, parsnip, squash, potato, sweet potato) so long as I serve them with a vegan Yorkshire. DD2 is veggie not vegan and will have a couple of cauldron sausages with the veg and Yorkshire's.

pourmeanotherglass Wed 25-Dec-19 22:27:58

How were yours? We did the BBC good food recipe with Oat milk and they came out great. The recipe made too much mix for the number of sections of the muffin pan it told us to oil, so I've got some left in the fridge. Not sure whether to make more Yorkshires with it or see it it works for pancakes.

elmosducks Thu 26-Dec-19 21:23:57

@pourmeanotherglass did you make pancakes? Am keen to try

hamsterchump Wed 01-Jan-20 12:13:09

I have made the Virtual Vegan recipe a couple of times now and can confirm it really does work, I've tried to attach a photo of the Yorkshire puddings here, hope it works I've never tried it before.

I did all plain flour and it still worked but otherwise followed the recipe closely, you really do need the deep muffin tin, I got mine reduced in Sainsburys down from about £9 to £3.75 and they had loads of them if anyone is looking. And as with "nornal" Yorkshires you have to be really quick pour, the slightly less risen ones on the right hand side of the image are the ones poured last but I was slightly hindered with this batch by a wet tea towel and had to fanny about finding a dry one before I could put them back in the oven so take that into account.

I can also confirm they taste gorgeous, my non vegan boyfriend ate 5 on Christmas day and they are not small. They are defo a staple of roast dinners for us now.

AlphaJura Fri 03-Jan-20 20:03:27

@hamsterchump they look really good. I've got my tin, ive just been struggling to get hold of chickpea flour! I'm not vegan but would like to be, my dd is thinking of becoming veggie so I'm keen to try vegan alternatives of regular food that taste nice, so makes it easier for the whole family. Good to know you used plain flour and they turned out well smile.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »