Talk

Advanced search

Vegan and myfitnesspal - does this work well together?

(7 Posts)
Sm87 Fri 01-Nov-19 12:26:51

Hi All,

After being inspired by a friend who has been vegan for a few months I'm intrigued to try it.

I could do with losing two stone which I lost last year on slimming world then regained so wondered if I could lose it by going vegan but also doing MFP alongside it.

I've also been through a recipe book at home (leon one pot happy cooking) and pulled out all vegan recipes in it to work through but assume when putting it in the app I'd have to take a rough guess at the calories.

Any advice would be great!

thanks

mycatthinksshesatiger Fri 01-Nov-19 22:36:42

I’m vegan and use mfp. It works well - can usually find what I’m eating and I just load recipe ingredients and get values for the portion size I’m eating. Can then save the recipe totals for future reference. It’s a handy tool as well to check you’re getting enough protein and iron.

Sm87 Sat 02-Nov-19 12:10:02

Hi thanks for the advice

Im going to look for more recipes and do a big shop this weekend to start on Monday - i'm starting from scratch and work long hours so need to prep food if possibe ready for evening dinners

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 02-Nov-19 12:12:00

I'm vegan and I'm fat, so don't think it's a cure all.

MFP is really really good though.

QueSera Mon 09-Dec-19 15:35:49

I'm vegan and use MFP, seems to work well! Good luck OP!

Sssneks Sun 29-Dec-19 21:55:51

I'm vegan and use MFP, it's really easy to automatically import entire recipes from websites by just putting the web link into the app. It also has a barcode scanner.

Skyejuly Sun 19-Jan-20 20:00:53

Many ready made vegan meals have lots of calories so do check but it is possible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »