Talk

Advanced search

vegan tofu hotdogs - sell by 16th...

(7 Posts)
LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Sat 21-Sep-19 15:31:37

Should I bin them or try to cook them? Because they have quite a strong smell, I’m not sure if they would skew if they were off (and they look ok in the packet).

DirtyWindow Sat 21-Sep-19 15:33:18

Bin. 1 or 2 I'd say is fine but 5 days... Nah.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Sat 21-Sep-19 15:35:34

Dammit! They were expensive and I had them in the fridge for a while, and really fancied a dog today!

muddledmidget Sat 21-Sep-19 15:38:02

How long a shelf life did they have on them when you bought them? I generally go by 10% leeway and quite a lot of the veggie stuff can have 2 months on the refrigerated products when I buy them, so 5 days is fine. For a product like hummus with 5 days shelf life, a day over is fine.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Sat 21-Sep-19 15:54:02

Quite a while - that’s why they were forgotten! I think I bought them mid August.

muddledmidget Sat 21-Sep-19 16:02:06

I'd eat them then, and definitely feed them to my husband, but possibly not to oregnant/elderly/v young, the usual exclusions for out if date or potentially dodgy food. But I'd cook them all at once and not leave an open pack around particularly if they're the vacuum sealed ones.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Sat 21-Sep-19 16:08:09

I’ll feed them to BIL when he pops over - he says he’s game!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »