Talk

Advanced search

Which supermarkets (if any!) sell nutritional yeast?

(17 Posts)
RatherBeRiding Fri 05-Jul-19 17:23:57

Just that really - I can get it from Holland and Barrett but it's very out of my way. Does anyone know if any of the big supermarkets stock it?

Whatdoyouknowwhenyouknownowt Fri 05-Jul-19 17:25:42

Lidl or Aldi does the big Marigold tubs.

I bought one, I keep forgetting to use it. I'm not sure I know what to do with it, I should look it up.

Jamsangwich Fri 05-Jul-19 17:26:22

my Tesco has it, but it is a big one.

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 05-Jul-19 17:26:59

Waitrose have it.

RatherBeRiding Fri 05-Jul-19 20:38:17

Fab - thank you all. I use Aldi a lot but haven't seen it so I'll have a good root. There's also a mega Tesco and a Waitrose in the vicinity.

MockneyReject Fri 05-Jul-19 20:40:04

Failing that, Amazon deliver it.

NannyR Fri 05-Jul-19 20:42:27

Aldi sell it occasionally as a special buy but it's not a regular item at my local sore. Morrison's sell both kinds - the normal and the b12 fortified.

RatherBeRiding Fri 05-Jul-19 20:50:04

Hell's teeth nanny - i've just been in Morrisons!! Which section is it in? I wouldn't actually know where to look for it

BiBabbles Fri 05-Jul-19 21:22:35

Not a supermarket, but Holland and Barrett currently have it on buy one, get one half price.

BiBabbles Fri 05-Jul-19 21:23:48

sorry, totally missed you said H&B in the OP. blush

I find their online ordering works well if it's really out of the way, I find in shops really hit and miss for things like this.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 05-Jul-19 21:25:58

It's usually with the 'free from' food.

Aldi only have it now and then, I think.

NannyR Fri 05-Jul-19 21:26:00

Our Morrison's was refurbished about 2 years ago and they created a section, which I think is called whole foods or something similar. It's where they have stuff you would usually buy in a health food store like fancy grains, coconut sugar, seitan chunks, herbal teas and loads of other niche things. That's where the nutritional yeast is.

Bluthbanana Fri 05-Jul-19 21:56:37

My Tesco has it in next to the stock cubes etc for some bizarre reason. I've seen it in the Free From section of Asda too.

Elementalillusions Sat 06-Jul-19 08:35:36

All Asda’s seem to stock it, I’ve even seen it in even the little ASDA near us.
Most big Tesco’s stock it.
And the big Morrison’s.
Every Sainsbury’s I’ve been in has had it, even the small one in our town centre.
And I think every Waitrose we have near us has had it.

It’s always with the ‘free from’ items.

Fatkins Sat 06-Jul-19 15:39:44

I also saw it in my local Tesco this week, beside the Marigold Bouillon and other stock pots / cubes.

RatherBeRiding Sun 07-Jul-19 19:07:51

Well thank you everybody - most helpful! My local Morrisons has quite a disappointing range of vegan stuff but I'll try the whole food aisle especially if I can get seitan chunks!

ppeatfruit Fri 12-Jul-19 13:48:26

It's not bizarre blu I use it for stock all the time, it's no way as salty as the other stuff and it's got the B12 which vegans need.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »