Advanced search

Midweek dinner ideas

(6 Posts)
lastqueenofscotland Wed 13-Feb-19 21:25:04

I’m stuck in a bit of a rut of
Lentil Bolognese/fajitas/curry/stir fry

Please give me some interesting ideas.

Norugratsatall Wed 13-Feb-19 21:37:54

Burger made of either black beans, butter beans or red kidney beans. Add a chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, some herbs and spices. Serve in a seeded bun with a side salad and vegan cheese if you like it!

Electrocute1980 Sun 17-Feb-19 16:42:27

I make this loads - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/827647/mixedbean-chilli-with-wedges

We also like falafel wraps with houmous and salad or a heap of roast veg with a tomato sauce and whole grain rice/quinoa/cous cous smile

Skyejuly Mon 18-Feb-19 13:54:04

Sri Lankan curry
Tofu and mushroom stir fry
Vegan chili
Lentil and potato stew
Thai green curry

cushioncovers Thu 14-Mar-19 19:53:46

I'm a little bit in love with the beyond burger atm.

kikisparks Sun 17-Mar-19 08:09:27

@cushioncovers the beyond burger is immense!

I usually batch cook pastas, Curry and stir fries but I recently discovered the Buddha bowl. It’s when you put in a bowl a grain, a vegetable(s), a protein (beans, tofu etc), a sauce and an extra (seeds, nuts, vegan cheese etc).

It sounds complex but it’s actually quite easy and there are loads of possibilities. The one I made recently I put peppers, mushrooms and koko cheese in a baking tin mixed with crushed garlic and sprayed with oil, I put sweet potato wedges on the tin too and roasted it all in the oven.

While that was cooking I boiled couscous and microwaved a 1/2 tin kidney beans.

Once it was all done i put it together in a bowl and topped with a scoop of garlic veganaise, it was delicious!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »