Talk

Advanced search

Milk to drink

(11 Posts)
Notfastjustfurious Sun 20-Jan-19 11:21:10

Have just watched 'Cowspiricy'and am horrified by the impact the meat and dairy industry are having on the planet. Anyway I want to do my bit and cut out all meat/dairy. Dd6 only drinks milk, what of the alternative milks are good for drinking? All info I can find mentions cooking and using in tea but we only have it for cereal and drinking.

sleepismysuperpower1 Sun 20-Jan-19 13:09:58

oatly is good for cereal and for drinking.

xtinak Sun 20-Jan-19 13:20:24

I second Oatly. If you cut out dairy remember to make sure you're getting enough calcium. I think Oatly has added calcium though.

NannyR Sun 20-Jan-19 13:25:14

I really like the alpro unsweetened fresh for drinking (not keen on any of them in tea). Soya milk is the only plant milk that has similar protein to cows milk, the others taste nice and are fortified with calcium and b12 but don't offer much else in terms of nutrition.

Notfastjustfurious Sun 20-Jan-19 13:48:02

This Oatly sounds ideal, will pick up some today. Thanks for the suggestions.

cushioncovers Mon 21-Jan-19 18:31:17

Alpro oat milk is our favourite

ripeavocado Wed 23-Jan-19 13:47:39

RUDE HEALTH milks have always been my favourite in terms of both taste and ingredients (nothing but water, the nut/grain, sunflower oil, and salt for preservation)!

pheasant1 Sat 02-Feb-19 09:43:05

Another vote for early here, it's the one one I can drink in tea/coffee without bring hugely disappointed.

kikisparks Sun 03-Feb-19 09:58:34

Oatly is the best tasting imo.

VeganCow Sat 09-Feb-19 11:39:15

I would buy this. it'll be good for your child and its nice and creamy, Ive used it in coffee- www.alpro.com/uk/products/drinks/growing-up/soya-1-3

doeswhatitsaysonthetin Sat 09-Feb-19 13:12:27

Can I just say well done for taking this step, there are so many befefits to giving up meat and dairy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: