Talk

Advanced search

Best vegan pizza - and other ready meal/ eating out recommendations

(18 Posts)
Applepudding2018 Sat 01-Dec-18 22:16:39

I'm an only veggie / would-be vegan in a home with meat eating DH and DS and I'm not really into spending a lot of time cooking.

Mainly I do easy meals where there is a veggie/ vegan version

E.g. Sausage/ vegan sausage ; burger, pie, chilli, curry etc

We also eat out once or twice per week; mostly I've been able to find vegan options and am pleased to have found two places offering vegan options for the December festive menu.

I have tried some vegan pizzas:

One in pizza express which was great - I wouldn't have known any difference

A 'white rabbit' gluten free smokey vegan pizza and one from Holland & Barrett - both tasted fishy

A Tesco one without the pretend cheese which was quite nice

And I've got the Goodfellas falafel one in the freezer which I don't really fancy as have gone off falafel

Does anybody have any recommendations for me please ?

lastqueenofscotland Mon 03-Dec-18 22:10:25

The Asda counters have vegan cheese and they are the best I’ve come across

KringleBells Mon 03-Dec-18 23:56:55

Amy’s Mac and Cheeze is pretty good if you cook a bit longer so it goes crispy.

Agree pizza express pizzas are really good.

If you’re in Edinburgh/Glasgow, there’s a local chain called La Favorita who do great vegan pizzas.

kikisparks Thu 20-Dec-18 20:29:37

Tesco wicked margherita is amazing! In chilled section next to vegetarian tasty meals.

I also like oumph pizza (in freezer) and you can buy pizza express vegan pizza in some supermarkets.

KittenEsque Mon 24-Dec-18 08:44:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

kikisparks Mon 24-Dec-18 09:37:59

Ok I’ve reported you. It’s not on to follow someone around on the site and harass them. @KittenEsque

justforareply Mon 24-Dec-18 09:49:24

DD rates the Iceland vegan range - NoBull burgers esp

Applepudding2018 Tue 25-Dec-18 00:03:32

I finally got round to eating the Goodfellas vegan felafel pizza today and it was really nice! Not particularly pizza like but nice nonetheless and I would buy again.

starzig Tue 25-Dec-18 00:21:55

Try a pitta base (No yeast) with mushroom and peppers and sweetcorn. That is my favourite,

loadofcrap10 Wed 02-Jan-19 19:37:33

I too love the Asda make your own pizzas.
I also regularly make my own pizzas, a lot easier than you would think

Applepudding2018 Wed 02-Jan-19 20:09:26

Hi @kikisparks I've seen you on some of the other vegan threads. I wondered if you had tried any of the other Tesco Wicked meals and what you thought of them.

kikisparks Wed 02-Jan-19 20:17:25

@Applepudding2018 I like the bbq butternut mac (like mac n cheese), the tofu and rice dish is ok, quite a healthy one, and the enchiladas are very good. The lasagne is yuck though it’s like mashed potato.

Bellatrix14 Wed 02-Jan-19 20:56:29

I quite like the White Rabbit pizzas!

But yes, the Pizza Express and Asda ones are excellent. However my favourite is the Zizzi vegan rustica gets slightly misty eyed...

It’s not a healthy option though blush

ripeavocado Wed 23-Jan-19 18:24:08

If you're in the London/Kent area, Firezza has amazing vegan pizzas!

kikisparks Sat 26-Jan-19 09:33:12

In terms of ready meals M&S just launched a whole new range called plant kitchen. I liked the teriyaki tofu, the aubergine dish, the dirty fries and the cauliflower popcorn was lovely!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 09-Feb-19 19:07:22

Have you got a bread Maker? I do pizza dough in mine and make my own base sauce.

Moltenpink Sat 09-Feb-19 19:14:58

All plants deliver a nice range of ready meals.

Artesia Fri 22-Feb-19 18:58:52

The vegan cheese they use at Pizza Express and Zizzi is called Mozzerisella. It’s hands down the best one we have found (DS is dairy free so we have sampled loads!). It freezes really well so I keep a stock in and use it to make our own pizzas at home. It’s quite expensive from amazon but my local health food shop ordered it in for me and gave me a bulk discount!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »