Talk

Advanced search

Tofu recommendations

(5 Posts)
SerendipityFelix Sat 07-Oct-17 11:34:49

I enjoy cooking with tofu and have settled on Tofoo brand as my go-to, always have a few packs in the fridge. I did like the Cauldron marinated pieces before I learned how to flavour/cook it properly from plain! Am also planning on buying some magnesium chloride to have a go at making my own, have already experimented with some good homemade soy milk.

Anyway I was just looking on goodness direct and need to bulk up my order a bit to get free shipping, and there’s tonnes of different ready-flavoured tofus available now that I hadn’t realised! Main brands seem to be clearspring and taifun. Does anyone have any recommendations of what would be good to try?

KingIrving Mon 09-Oct-17 04:04:10

Not helpful because I am in Australia, but here, I really like the Chinese Honey Soy marinated one. Own supermarket brand (woolworths ).
I want to try to marinated my own. Any tricks, tips you can share for newbies?

MsRinky Mon 09-Oct-17 16:22:03

The Taifun smoked tofu with almonds and sesame is super delicious. I've also just tried their fermented tofu (Feto ?) with red pepper which was good.

dangermouseisace Wed 11-Oct-17 19:15:41

I second the smoked with nuts. It's my favourite. Their plain is good too and the basil is interesting for a change. Their herb sausages are yum too.

artiface Wed 11-Oct-17 21:03:18

I don't know if they have have it, but have you tried tempeh? If they have I recommend it! Just sliced and fried is so good! Ir you can bake it if you're feeling virtuous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now