Talk

Advanced search

Perfume advice please

(19 Posts)
whiteroseredrose Sun 01-Oct-17 20:15:13

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to post but hopeful. I've recently made the switch to cruelty free and vegan cosmetics.

I'm struggling in perfume though. I've been wearing Chanel Allure for decades. I don't like anything too sweet or heavy.

Does anyone have any suggestions about something that smells similar but is Vegan or leaping bunny?

bottlesandcans Sun 01-Oct-17 20:18:46

Lush perfumes!

Shenanagins Sun 01-Oct-17 20:24:22

Sorry no suggestions but curious to know how perfumes aren't vegan friendly, is it due to animal testing?

TrojanWhore Sun 01-Oct-17 20:28:20

Could you make your own, by experiment, with essential oils?

gemimA84 Sun 01-Oct-17 20:29:47

Eden perfumes

whiteroseredrose Sun 01-Oct-17 21:35:21

Thank you. Will investigate Eden. I can't go into Lush as it makes me wheezy!

KingIrving Mon 02-Oct-17 07:48:52

From what I remember from my job some decades ago, a cosmetic might say no animal testing for the finalproducts, but, by law, every single components has been tested on animal before being allowed for human use, so unless it has been illegally imported in the EU, it involves some testing.
But the laws might have changed since.

fascicle Fri 06-Oct-17 11:58:07

I buy perfume/aftershave from this vegan company (set up 35 years ago by a former chemist):

www.dolma-perfumes.co.uk/

The products on the website have a description of the ingredients, notes etc. They also do trial sizes.

gonnabreakmyrustycage Tue 10-Oct-17 23:21:03

All Kat Von D's makeup and perfumes (Sinner and Saint) are vegan. I personally don't love them but I prefer Sinner to Saint.

ppeatfruit Sat 14-Oct-17 14:27:47

I use essential oils as perfumes, they don't last a long time but they're lovely and there are soooo many to choose from. There are some products made with alcohol that can be sprayed on and last better. I get them from good Health Food shops or Planet Organic type shops.

Happy50 Sat 14-Oct-17 22:55:35

Stella McCartney perfume

whiteroseredrose Sun 15-Oct-17 09:37:37

Thank you for the suggestions. It took me a long time to find a perfume I really liked but that was 25 or so years ago so lots more on the market now. I've got a free Saturday coming up so I'll do some sniff tests!

I've just thought of Liz Earle. I've had moisturiser from there before.

ppeatfruit Sun 15-Oct-17 10:40:19

I love Liz Earle products too, I don't know if she does perfumes, if you find any please post on here so dh can buy me one for Xmas!

TheVanguardSix Sun 15-Oct-17 10:42:56

L'occitane has leaping bunny status. Never tested on any animals.

I love L'occitane's Terre de Lumiere perfume. Expensive but I got a little bottle off of eBay. I only wear perfume occasionally so small is good for me. Otherwise, it's worth full price. It's lovely.

Badders08 Sun 15-Oct-17 10:44:24

Warning: Liz Earle sold out to loreal (?) and formulations have all changed - I can no longer use their products - and loreal test on animals

Badders08 Sun 15-Oct-17 10:46:12

Or was it avon?

Badders08 Sun 15-Oct-17 10:47:50

Nope...im wrong
It's an alliance of boots and Walgreens (a US company)
They changed the formulations to cheaper ingredients and it burnt my skin - after using LE for 4 years
It's body shop who bought out by loreal

ppeatfruit Sun 15-Oct-17 12:24:36

Badders That's terrible. I did wonder how LE could pay for the promotions in Boots.

whiteroseredrose Sun 15-Oct-17 17:39:38

Mmm. I thought L'Occitan had lost leaping bunny status as they sell in China so test for that market.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now