Talk

Advanced search

Vegan treats.

(13 Posts)
redrobinblue Sat 27-May-17 14:43:49

Hi, my sister has been travelling for the last two years, only popping back for special occasions - she is now due home in mid June and has been vegan for most of her time away. She's staying with us for a few months, and I wanted to make her up a hamper of delicious vegan treats that she likely won't be able to get in our local stores when she's out and about (pretty rural). So going to start stocking up now. Any delicious things you've either really missed since becoming vegan (cheese/chocolate etc) or things that are accidentally vegan that I probably wouldn't think to buy.

Realise that's a broad question! Just want her to have a load of lovely yummy things for when she's home. Thank you!

Submariner Sun 28-May-17 23:12:50

Some lovely, good quality olives - I like Nocellara at the moment. And some nice vegan wine or beer. Oxford Landing and Brew dogs are my recommendations! smile

Mysteriouscurle Wed 31-May-17 02:32:36

Agree about oxford landing wine.vego chocolate and veg marshmallows are a nice treat. Lazy days make vegan millionaire shortbread/tiffen/choc gingers and if you can fnd it rittersport marzipan choc is vegan. If she has storage for chillled food oatly fraiche is very good substitute for creme fraiche. Frys chocolate and peppermint creams are vegan too. The vegan womble website has masses of information

PaperdollCartoon Sat 03-Jun-17 12:25:22

Anything Lazyday. Look them up. Sold in Waitrose and Ocado, some independent shops, probably other places too.

Vego is the best vegan chocolate, those bars and the little Vegolinos are just happier to me.

PaperdollCartoon Sat 03-Jun-17 12:25:33

Happiness*

RhythmAndStealth Sun 04-Jun-17 04:30:12

Nutcrafter cheese. Ombar Strawberry Mylk. CoYo Vanilla yoghurt

economymode Tue 06-Jun-17 21:05:34

paperdoll where do you buy your vego from? I've seen it online but not sure if there's a magical, bargainous website you'd recommend?

NickMyLipple Tue 06-Jun-17 21:08:16

Jelly tots are vegan, believe it or not!

MrsPandaBear Tue 06-Jun-17 21:11:25

Booja booja chocolate truffles and ice cream, waitrose and ocado do them.

MrsPandaBear Tue 06-Jun-17 21:13:51

Jus roll make your own croissants are vegan, as are their pan au chocolat if you want to give her a breakfast treat.

redrobinblue Tue 06-Jun-17 21:32:02

Ahhhh THANK YOU!!! I thought no one had replied! She'll be thrilled when she gets back, especially about the helly babies!

redrobinblue Tue 06-Jun-17 21:32:35

@NickMyLipple total autocorrect fail. JELLY TOTS! Stocking up on those bad boys

AGoodName Wed 07-Jun-17 15:22:06

Tesco chilli cheese is actually the nearest thing to real cheese she will ever taste, and I say that having tried the lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now