Talk

Advanced search

does anyone successfully eat vegan AND gluten free?

(9 Posts)
nellythegoat Thu 18-May-17 10:17:01

I feel a little like I am going round in circles rather, I can eat GF and vegan for a while but then just seem to run out of ideas and get ravenously hungry.

Fortunately I love curry! also fortunate is the fact that when I do eat GF and vegan I feel great.

Any ideas or great books? Not surprisingly I have 'Deliciously Ella' already. TIA

Todayisanewday75 Thu 18-May-17 10:58:48

Me! Have been gluten free for a while now as my tummy just feels better without it. Only recently vegan. I do like Deliciously Ella's idea but usually tweak the recipes to add onion and adjust the spices a bit. Have a look on Madeleine Shaw's website, select vegan in the recipes section and there are loads of nice ideas.
I have mostly been eating beany stews/chillies with rice/quinoa/buckwheat. And using lots of tahini, makes everything taste nicer!

PhoenixJasmine Fri 19-May-17 08:14:25

Most of the time. I am gluten intolerant rather than coeliac and when eating out if it's a choice between vegan or gf I will eat gluten to keep vegan. At home it's much easier. However the only vegan gluten-free bread products I've found are BFree brand, they do good sliced loaves, rolls, bagels and wraps, i order them monthly direct from their website and freeze them as they can be difficult to find.

Also disappointed to not be able to experiment with seitan and other gluten-based fake meats, but meh, it keeps me away from processed crap I guess.

savagehk Fri 19-May-17 08:25:23

Doves farm flours (some of their cookies etc are also vegan)? Rice (obvs) and potatoes, nuts.
Stir fry with rice noodles. We have a recipe for a sort of stirfry with broccoli, butternut & cashews which is lovely (serve with the rice noodles). Lots of new gf pasta options too.

stationtostation Fri 19-May-17 08:34:17

Bfree pittas and things are now being stocked in Asda and Tesco if that helps. They are the only gluten free pittas that I like.

Todayisanewday75 Fri 19-May-17 09:38:06

Profusion chickpea pasta is nice, I prefer it to brown rice pasta

Todayisanewday75 Fri 19-May-17 09:47:05

Have just added a loaf of bfree bread to my sainsburys order! Am contemplating the sweet potato wraps too, has anyone tried them?

Veterinari Fri 19-May-17 10:21:42

Yes and they're good - especially warm for fajitas

nellythegoat Tue 23-May-17 10:04:45

Thank you for the tips! and the web site Todayisanewday75. RL has been a little stressful so I have not had a chance to get onto MN and reply.

In the meantime I typed 'vegan' into the ocado search and came up with some good food, I also bought the Soupology cook book which advertises itself as plant bases and gluten free, but it is effectively vegan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now