Talk

Advanced search

What would you have instead of quiche?

(9 Posts)
Submariner Sun 14-May-17 11:19:35

Hi all, thought I would mine the knowledge of the new vegan board for inspiration!

Family are bringing dinner tomorrow.
We are having quiche and salad.
I am not vegan yet, but am transitioning over. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I ate quiche, but I'd quite like a quick and easy alternative if I could get one.

I'm working tomorrow so making my own vegan quiche would be just a bit too much hassle, but what else would you have? Another salad but more proteiny, like beans or chickpeas? Another pie like thing?

Thanks in advance!

Dottie39 Sun 14-May-17 11:22:45

Vegetable Samosa, Vegan Sausage Rolls, Vegan spring rolls, Pasta Salad, Couscous with roasted veg, Houmus and roasted veg wrap...

Submariner Sun 14-May-17 11:55:25

Mmm, nice thank you Dottie.
Oooh, yes - Linda Mac sausage rolls may be a winner. But think I may have to do a bean salad to supplement once the kids spot the sausage rolls!

SplitInfinitive Mon 15-May-17 16:51:30

I haven't tried this recipe but it does look good - vegan quiche.

I know I've got a recipe somewhere for a vegan quiche but I can't find it - too many cookery books and I can't remember which one it's in blush.

MsHippo Mon 15-May-17 17:04:53

I would have something pastry based so I didn't feel left out! Maybe something like a puff pastry tartlet with sliced tomatoes, courgettes, olives and pine nuts baked till crispy and delicious!

MsHippo Mon 15-May-17 17:05:11

Using bought vegan pastry so it's easy!

RedheadLover Mon 15-May-17 19:53:06

That sounds delicious MsHippo!

Submariner Tue 16-May-17 19:58:15

Thank you Split - I will try that quiche recipe one evening when I have more time.

You're right MsHippo, it was the pastry mouthfeel I most wanted to recreate. I went for the vegan sausage rolls in the end.
Definitely going to try your tartlet recipe though (I am partial to pastry!!)

MsHippo Tue 16-May-17 21:51:01

It's delish! And really easy to add a bit of feta/Parmesan or a cracked egg on top for anyone not so vegan-inclined. The only thing is making sure it doesn't go too soggy so drain a bit of the juice off the tomatoes after you slice them and don't layer too thickly. A nice drizzle of olive oil before it goes in is good too, or a little drizzle of pesto/basil oil if you have a vegan one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now