Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend any vegan cookbooks?

(15 Posts)
CakeAhoy Thu 11-May-17 17:02:31

As in the title really grin

Just starting out and I'm looking ideally for some family recipes.

PaperdollCartoon Thu 11-May-17 17:04:00

Vegan Bowl Attack is great. The Middle Eastern Vegetarian Cookbook is mostly vegan and fantastic.

Also definitely check out Hot For Food on YouTube and their blog - amazing recipes

CakeAhoy Thu 11-May-17 17:09:35

Thank you smile

SplitInfinitive Thu 11-May-17 20:06:35

I like the Deliciously Ella books. She doesn't claum they are vegan but the majority of the recipes are (some use honey but that could be omitted or replaced).

Rose Elliott's books are good. She's vegetarian but there will be a lot of vegan recipes too.

Most of the books I have are so old now, they're probably out of print grin

FuniculiFunicula Thu 11-May-17 20:11:45

I bought Vegan in 15 when I went vegan for lent. The recipes I've tried are really tasty, and they're quick to prepare (though usually take me a bit more than 15 minutes with the kids around).

BuffyChiro Thu 11-May-17 20:16:01

Thug kitchen - if you aren't averse to swearing.

CakeAhoy Fri 12-May-17 01:59:46

Thanks all. Managed to find all of those with one day delivery.

grin

Blondie1984 Fri 12-May-17 02:41:04

The Happy Pear and Oh She Glows are very good

SplitInfinitive Fri 12-May-17 06:45:13

Just had a look at Thug Kitchen on Instagram. They are vvv sweary grin. The recipes look good.

PhoenixJasmine Fri 12-May-17 06:52:38

YouTube is a mine of inspiration. I like JessBeautician, her recipes/meal ideas are simple but satisfying. KateFlowers does mostly raw vegan stuff, interesting if not something I do every day. Also blogs such as Minimalist Baker.

Physical book wise I have/use Deliciously Ella, Oh She Glows, Veganomicon, Homemade Vegan Pantry, also River Cottage Veg Every Day and Ottolenghi Plenty have a lot of naturally vegan or easily adaptable recipes.

thetowpath Fri 12-May-17 10:40:21

Anna Jones! Anna Jones! Not exclusively vegan but large proportion are vegan or can be veganised. She's a stone-cold genius.
Interestingly lots of good vegan recipes on Jamie Oliver website for simpler stuff.

Consideredintrusion Fri 12-May-17 10:45:55

You can't beat Pinterest for endless inspiration.

Whatslovegottodo Fri 12-May-17 22:02:02

Plant based cookbook
Beautifully real food
Deliciously Ella
The new vegan

All cheap in the works and full of ideas.

Hobbitch Fri 12-May-17 22:05:40

Vegan Bible by Marie Laforêt, it's huge and has recipes for everything. Plus she doesn't use a lot of outlandish ingredients and the recipes are pretty easy.

Rockaby Sun 14-May-17 19:40:28

I like Keep It Vegan by Aine Carlin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now