Talk

Advanced search

Vegan cake recipes

(19 Posts)
MerlinEmrys Mon 08-May-17 22:40:26

Would anyone like to share their vegan cake recipe successes?

I've got the urge all of a sudden to give it a go and haven't baked since school!

SweetThames Tue 09-May-17 07:21:06

I've not made a vegan cake yet, but I have made these and they were incredible:
emilycooksvegan.com/2016/10/04/chocolate-and-peanut-butter-brownies/
(They do need a lot lot longer in the oven than they say though!)

alouiseblogg.wordpress.com/2015/12/19/vegan-scottish-empire-biscuits/
Also loved the empire biscuits.

Have also had success with fruity buns and ginger oat biscuits but don't have links to the recipes, so just let me know if you'd like me to type them out!

Will be following with interest for vegan cake recipes!

wellIdeclare Tue 09-May-17 22:21:53

www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/uncategorised-recipes/jemma-s-vegan-vanilla-fudge-cupcakes/#4HqT6QPzpiPkRcxp.97. This recipe makes great cup cakes or a larger sponge. I use vanilla soy yoghurt which gives it a really nice taste and has a great sponge texture. Best vanilla sponge recipe I have found.

OnlyaBitStressed Tue 09-May-17 22:31:51

Try banana muffins!
My out can add anything to
Jazz them up - walnuts, cocoa, vegan chocolate...
Basically, 5 bananas, 3 TBl spns light olive oil, 2.5 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, squidge honey or golden syrup... and anything else!

Iamastonished Tue 09-May-17 22:45:19

This raspberry chocolate cake is just brilliant. Bosh has loads of vegan recipes on their Facebook page, a lot of them are cakes.

DeliveredByKiki Wed 10-May-17 07:36:21

I tend to use normal recipes and sub butter for vegan butter or coconut oil, and aquafaba for eggs

dangermouseisace Sat 13-May-17 11:46:04

welldeclare I made the cakes in your recipe with vanilla soy yoghurt. They are absolutely gorgeous- lovely and moist. My non vegan kids and their mates have all enjoyed them. Despite me being a bit hmm about vegan buttercream it turned out really nice as well, with no complaints from those used to regular buttercream.

HorseDentist Sat 13-May-17 11:53:52

Utterly lazy and cheating way of doing it is a box of Betty Crocker cake mix. (Lemon, devils chocolate and red velvet are vegan from memory but please check) and a can of fizzy drink. It was so easy and tasted amazing! I did lemon with Sprite and a chocolate and cola ones.

RedheadLover Sat 13-May-17 17:40:01

Not made any vegan cakes yet but have done many a vegan cheesecake (using coconut cream) and vegan cookies (using chickpeas).

Watching this thread eagerly for ideas.

dangermouseisace Sat 13-May-17 17:54:05

Any chance of sharing the cheesecake recipe please redheadlover?

RedheadLover Mon 15-May-17 19:48:00

Just seen your post dangermouse. This is the recipe I use most often - it's the first thing that comes up if you type 'easy vegan cheesecake recipe' into google!

https://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-cheesecakes/

This one isn't bad either:

https://www.facebook.com/tastemadeNourish/videos/1740538352896026/

dangermouseisace Tue 16-May-17 20:28:44

ooh I've looked at that cheesecake recipe before but worried I'd screw it up and it would be awful. I'll give it a go grin

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Tue 16-May-17 21:21:26

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/dark-and-sumptuous-chocolate-cake

Chocoholic DD loves this.

dangermouseisace Wed 17-May-17 14:39:40

Brilliant!

economymode Sun 04-Jun-17 15:01:26

Second the nigella choc cake - I always make it and no one feels like they're missing out

ppeatfruit Wed 28-Jun-17 12:51:58

I make a one pot brownie recipe that is easy, healthy (but doesn't taste it!) and very flexible. Also delicious . Low sugar\sweetener.

Ingredients are; 1\2 cup almond oil, 1\2 cup of molasses, 1\2 cup of maple syrup, heaped tspoons of ground spices e.g. cinnamon. nutmeg, cardamom , ginger which ones you like, 500g. dark chocolate, some chopped walnuts, pecans etc. 3\4 cup of pnut butter or almond butter, 1 cup of rye flour (or the flour you like). tsp. bicarb, tsp. GF baking powder. Almond milk to loosen the mix.

Method; Gently dry fry the spices and nuts in a large heavy based saucepan, until you can smell them. Still on a very low heat add the oil and the chocolate, stir gently to melt then add the almond butter and molasses.maple syrup melt them too. Remove from the heat cool slightly then sieve in the flour , bicarb, baking powder. Mix in and add the milk stirring carefully, if the mix needs loosening a bit. Put in a lined tart tin oven 165 C Keep an eye on it it usually takes 3\4 of an hour, if you like it squidgy just take it out when the edges are set ,coming away from the side, and the middle soft. Leave in the tin to cool completely . It takes a day or so to improve it's flavour , wrap in greaseproof paper.

Dauphinois Wed 28-Jun-17 12:56:45

This book is your friend smile

Without exception, everything has turned out brilliantly

Dauphinois Wed 28-Jun-17 13:00:42

Try these

Greenbread Wed 12-Jul-17 20:28:09

Chocolate coconut tart;

Base:
2 packs oreos
2 tbsp coconut oil

Filling
200g dark chocolate
1 pack/ can coconut milk
A glug of maple syrup

Pulse oreos. Melt coconut oil, add to oreo mix. Put cling film on a shallow cake tin and press the mix in and around the sides. Put in fridge to set.

Heat coconut milk and mix the chocolate and syrup in until melted and combined. Pour into base. Leave overnight.

My vegan food hating family members love it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now