Talk

Advanced search

Guide me to make vegan pizzas with store-bought pizza bases, please?

(10 Posts)
WestleyAndButtockUp Mon 01-May-17 11:05:48

Can I get vegan pizza bases in all supermarkets?

What sizes do they come in?

Any recommended sauces and vegan cheese? I've been recommended Veganic Vegan Pizza Cheese and MozzaRisella. Are they in regular supermarkets?

TwentyCups Mon 01-May-17 15:38:34

Yea you can at Morrisons. Mozzarissela is what they use in zizzi - I think you can buy it from most health food shops. I don't normally bother though and smother it in sacla vegan pesto (most supermarkets have this) or homemade.

You can also buy the ready made pizza dough that you roll out and bake yourself I think this is better! Jus roll do one and many own brands smile

WestleyAndButtockUp Mon 01-May-17 19:44:15

Thanks. Curious to try Mozzirissella. I know I'll end up making my own bases but right now I need to figure out which supermarkets do which vegan products.

SentientCushion Wed 10-May-17 21:21:41

The Sainsbury's bases are vegan then I use tomato paste, Tesco's melty cheese and some artichokes, olives and sun dried tomatoes.
It's soooooo good.

Hippovic Fri 12-May-17 20:00:32

Sainsburys bases are really good, waitrose also sell some fab Italian ones but not cheap! We use either mozzarisella or grated violife which is easier to get hold of in supermarkets. I just find that you need to put the cheese on first and then veg toppings to get it to melt. Also Asda frozen pizza garlic bread can be used. Some shops have suitable flatbreads that can be used as well.

WestleyAndButtockUp Fri 12-May-17 21:35:19

Where do you all get your mozzarisella?

Its website does not show any stockists near me. Is it in regular supermarkets, and the website is wrong?

Spottyladybird Tue 16-May-17 20:44:05

I've found it in big Holland and Barrett stores.

kikisparks Fri 19-May-17 08:22:42

Asda create your own pizzas from the counter are vegan, just ask for no cheese and whatever veggie toppings you want.

Blackbutler86 Fri 19-May-17 10:07:53

Tesco sell a base in the fridge section where you get pre made pastry, it's rolled up and you just open it out and top it. They also sell jars of pizza sauce.

If you want to make your own pizza sauce I fry up some finely chopped garlic and onion and in a seperate bowl mix tomato purée with a little water to thin into a sauce consistency, add basil or mixed herbs then add the garlic and onion and spread on the base ready to top. I like to add chilli flakes into it sometimes too.

The only vegan cheese I really like is mozarissella (but I don't mind some others) , you can buy it here along with veganic pizza cheese www.vegancheese.co.uk/mozzarisella. When I first went vegan a few years ago I went mad and bought loads of cheeses from here, I found that the veganic one melted well along with one called jeezo.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Fri 19-May-17 16:16:26

Ooh thanks for the link black. DDs and I had mushroom, leek and blue cheese pizza using Sainsbury's bases last night. Made my own tomato paste. Only problem was I couldn't find a vegan blue cheese so we had to have vegetarian pizza rather than vegan. We've been wanting to go vegan but have really struggled to find stuff locally. Ironically, we were watching Carnage last night which helped strengthen our resolve to try harder. Thanks to the link I'll be making a properly vegan version next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now