Talk

Advanced search

Deliciously Ella Energy Balls

(9 Posts)
ApricotExpat Sat 29-Apr-17 14:41:21

Firstly - loving the new Vegan bit of Mumsnet!

Secondly, I have just found these. They're fab, for lunch boxes and for parents etc. Much easier than making them myself and then eating too many of them!

What other vegan snack things do you use for children?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 30-Apr-17 09:37:38

Oh, have you got a link to the recipe Apricot?

ApricotExpat Sun 30-Apr-17 10:13:19

Here you are:

deliciouslyella.com/classic-almond-and-cacao-energy-balls/

Depending how squidgy your dates are though, you don't necessarily need the coconut oil!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 30-Apr-17 10:38:00

Have you got some in the house now Apricot? They sound amazing. I'll be around in ten...grin

ApricotExpat Sun 30-Apr-17 13:44:22

Always welcome Everyone!

MummaYah Sun 30-Apr-17 13:55:32

I've just made some of these this morning too! I roll them smaller so they last longer. The almond butter dates are also deliciouswink

saintava Sun 30-Apr-17 14:06:28

Oooh I have all the ingredients for these in the house!

I'd have to show great restraint, I'm doing ww and keeping to my points can be hard!

AwkwardSquad Sun 30-Apr-17 19:12:59

I made up my own version of these a while back. Really easy and flexible. I use dates and figs generally, but apricots are a good addition. Walnuts and ground almonds, cashews also work. Then flavourings - cacao if you like it, spices, a pinch of sea salt. Blitz and roll into small balls, then dust with cacao or toasted desiccated coconut. Yum.

AwkwardSquad Sun 30-Apr-17 19:13:52

Ps have never needed to add coconut oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now