Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any recommendations for single MMR clinics in north london?

(11 Posts)
GlisteningSnow Mon 28-Dec-09 16:50:15

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a private clinic that does the MMR singles in north london?

or has anyone used the Childrens Immunisation Centre based at Harley St?

thanks...

whoopstheregoesmymerkin Mon 28-Dec-09 16:52:54

I used St John and Elizabeth hospital 4 years ago, brilliant, don't know if they still do it`

LastOfTheMulledWine Mon 28-Dec-09 16:56:50

Richard Halvorsen did dd's at his Babyjabs clinic. Very happy.

GlisteningSnow Mon 28-Dec-09 17:04:11

super, will look into those two, thanks

Dartfordmummy Sun 24-Jan-10 19:36:40

Nowhere in the UK does single mumps injections now as the UK government won't allow the vacine in the country. My DS has his Measles and Rubella injections and not the mumps one and now my doctor won't give him the booster for the single MMR vacine!!

Musukebba Mon 25-Jan-10 14:26:30

Not quite sure what you mean... the MMR is not a single vaccine.

However, unless there's a defined contra-indication to your DS receiving the MMR, your doctor should be only too happy to give it as a substitute for the single mumps vaccine.

hanaflower Mon 25-Jan-10 14:34:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PennyOne Tue 26-Oct-10 14:23:12

Hey any news on single mumps - my LO needs this has had the other two Pen x

FELBY Tue 23-Nov-10 17:05:16

I'd also like to know if anyone knows if you can get the single mumps vaccine anywhere in the uk at the moment? Kind of feels like being 'strong armed' in to having the combined mmr wether happy to or not!

balia Thu 02-Dec-10 21:32:53

No single mumps vaccine as far as I know - but don't think it has that much to do with the government - the american company who used to make it have stopped as it isn't commercially viable, apparently.

MerryMarigold Thu 02-Dec-10 21:34:49

There's one in Hemel Hempstead called Breakspear's. I gave ds1 single measles and then MMR at 5 years old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now