Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Am panicking about the hpv tomorrow am I *stupid* for not ringing nurse earlier help

(5 Posts)
mamas12 Thu 08-Oct-09 23:17:15

DD due to have first hpv tomorrow but
1. she is ill swollen glands and when she was baby the advice was not to have jabs when unwell, does that apply with this?
2. She has an allergy to wasp and bee stings I have no idea if that affects it.

I have been burying my head in the sand a bit here I feel because the jab is tomorrow and Im having last minute 'making the wrong decision nerves' and thinking 'what if...'

MavisEnderby Thu 08-Oct-09 23:24:28

I fyou are unhappy she doesnt have to have it.

You can ring your gp for advice in the mornign but if you are unhappy you can defer it it isn't a problem.

mamas12 Thu 08-Oct-09 23:30:11

Thanks for replying Mavis I put this in various places but you are my only response so far and I was getting twitchy!
Didn't think of deferring, will chat to dd in the morning.
It's all so simple when there is another voice around isn't it.
8669*

stuffitllllama Fri 09-Oct-09 16:55:06

No, you're not supposed to have it if you are poorly.

Tbh I would be wary of the allergy connection too.

You can go to the GP and have it but after a certain age they say you have to pay.

If the GP says "nothing to worry about" but your dd is still poorly I wouldn't do it tomorrow.

questioneverything Fri 09-Oct-09 21:07:42

I would not do it full stop. Did you not see the report of the Doctor that was involved in the trials.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now