Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Late for 4 month old vaxs?

(8 Posts)
mumofoliver Wed 07-Oct-09 07:12:29

Hi
My DD1 was due to have her 16 week jabs last week but I couldn't make it. She is now ill with a cold/fever but is due to have her jabs tomorrow. If she is still ill, I want to cancel but does this cause a problem with the 3rd lot of jabs as they will be over 2 weeks late.
The only reason I ask is because after the 8 week jabs, the nurse was very clear that the next lot at 12 weeks had to be within 5 weeks of the first lot and no later.
Hope this makes sense hmm

PoisonToadstool Wed 07-Oct-09 07:23:04

My DS had all of his a bit late due to the rubbish surgery appointment system - no idea why the nurse would be chippy about it, and many people on here have delayed various vax.

mumofoliver Wed 07-Oct-09 07:32:38

Thanks Poison - that's what I thought - looking for reassurance I suppose!

The nurse was being a bit disingenuous, TBH. Plenty of European countries already give the vaccinations over a longer period than we do (e.g. Finland at 3, 5 and 12 months or Italy at 2, 4 and 6 months) with no apparent reduction in efficacy. DD had hers at 4, 6 and 8 months and no one blinked an eye.

foxinsocks Wed 07-Oct-09 08:03:29

oh yy, mine both had theirs v late. Between bouts of asthma, bronchiolitis, croup and other illnesses they got hospitalised with, I just had to wait until they were well enough to have them!

mumofoliver Wed 07-Oct-09 08:41:37

Thanks everyone - you've given me the reassurance I was seeking!

bigstripeytiger Wed 07-Oct-09 08:46:12

My DD was very late with some of hers because of various health problems delaying them. No-one seemed at all bothered.

sarah293 Wed 07-Oct-09 08:52:19

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now