Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD due to be vaccinated in 1hr and I am dithering

(5 Posts)
MyNameIsURL Wed 30-Sep-09 10:01:57

DD2 is 4 months. I have delayed her vaccinations til now. I did vaccinate DD1, on a slightly delayed schedule and did not give her the Men C jab.

Appointment for today is for DTaP, MenC, PCV and HIB.

Was only planning to allow her to have DTaP, but now I'm even thinking of cancelling that.
She just seems too small still.

Not even sure what I aim to gain by posting. Just what to express my frustration at this bit of the arenting lark. I feel damned if I do and damned if I don't.

questioneverything Wed 30-Sep-09 18:33:57

what did you do mynameisurl.

How often do you go against your instincts with other issues concerning your children.

MyNameIsURL Wed 30-Sep-09 22:06:02

Thanks for asking QE.

I didn't go through with it.

I phoned the surgery to check if she should still be vaccinated as she is teething and in pain already. (They said yes). I then told them I only wanted her to have DTaP but they said she has to have 5-in-1 as there is no separate DTaP any more. So I cancelled. I think 5 vaccines at once is too much for a 4 month old's system to take.

questioneverything Thu 01-Oct-09 17:35:17

Its funny how we are always told by doctors to go with our gut instinct when a child is ill.

However we are told to overide that protective instinct when it concerns jabs.

Do some research into this and make sure you are fully happy with your decision.

I also think five in one is too much. Not to mention the levels of aluminuim in the vaccines and other stuff.

maxybrown Sun 04-Oct-09 11:47:59

good call I think! Not because I am trying to tell you what to do - after all our research I would never do that, but the fact that you were dithering suggests wait. My DS was booked in and I felt like that so cancelled whilst I did my research.

You can always rebook but you cannot remove the vaccine so have a good read up! It is a minefield I can tell you, good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now