Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MMR triple vaccine private clinic

(4 Posts)
luckyjames Wed 26-Aug-09 11:03:30

I am still trying to decide whether to give my son the single vaccines or the triple one. Has anyone visited a private clinic in London to have the triple vaccine? Currently there are 2 triple vaccines available (Priorix and MMRII) on the NHS and they give you whichever one is available on the day. I wanted to know which one is better so wondered if anyone has been to a private clinic where they can choose which vaccine is better for their child?

mmrred Wed 26-Aug-09 22:46:47

They are made by different companies, but you can request one or the other from your GP on the NHS. I think one is considered to be a more acceptable option for vegetarians (Priorix)but I guess it depends on your definition of better?

luckyjames Thu 27-Aug-09 10:26:54

Some parents say that their child was damaged by the mmr, would like to know which mmr vaccine they had (priorix or mmrII)

mmrsceptic Sun 30-Aug-09 17:42:17

on www.jabs.org.uk some posters have been compiling a list of which jab and even which batch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now