Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS crabby and refusing his milk - 2nd set of jabs yesterday - is it linked?

(5 Posts)
Reggiee Wed 22-Jul-09 13:09:19

Title says it all really.

DS is 13 weeks, and had second round of jabs yesterday.

Today he woke up late, had a small amount of milk at 8am and since then has refused anything else (he is formula fed). He is usually a greedy guts feeding every 3-ish hours.

Have had a two hour screaming session, but since calming down plenty of the usual coos and smiles. He looks like he is about to kick off again though. I keep offering formula but he gets upset each time I put the teat neaar his mouth.

Anone else had this reaction to jabs, or is it something else? I am feeling anxious....

TIA.

stuffitlllama Wed 22-Jul-09 13:19:41

It sounds likely, and a doctor would probably tell you that it's a normal reaction.

If you've ever had a jab you know what it can feel like after, you just feel rather off smile

Why don't you write down all the reactions and the feeding times for the next couple of days, and write down what happened after the jab yesterday, so that you have a good record of it.

I do believe that if you phone NHS direct they will probably tell you it's a normal reaction to be a bit off after the jabs. But most babies are fine so if it was me I wouldn't worry but would be a bit attentive if you know what I mean.

stuffitlllama Wed 22-Jul-09 13:20:20

And try to keep the fluids up however way you can.

Reggiee Wed 22-Jul-09 13:29:12

Many thanks for the reassurance stuffit smile

stuffitlllama Wed 22-Jul-09 13:49:18

hope he's better tomorrow.. the times to worry I think are too high temp and not taking fluids, or floppiness, but I am most definitely not doc, so NHS direct might be more helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now