Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

4 month jabs, baby's had a temperature

(5 Posts)
aurorec Tue 07-Jul-09 09:07:17

My son is due his 4 month jabs now (we've in fact had a lot of delay and he's about to turn 10 months) but he's had a bit of a temperature on/off for the past couple of days.

Last night it was up to 37.9 and this morning down to 37.3.

I am due to go on holiday shortly so would have to wait another full month before he would get his jab. My instinct would be to wait. Any thoughts?

bubbleymummy Tue 07-Jul-09 11:01:19

If your instinct is to wait then trust your instinct!

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jul-09 11:04:43

I'd have them done IIWY - every parent has nerves about vax but do you really want to risk your child developing quite nasty illnesses at the same time as swine flu. I would take every opportunity to prevent the illnesses you can so he has less things to fight later on.

Oh and 38.5 is considered a temperature where vax shouldn't be given, 37.9 while hot is technically not hot enough (don't mean to sound harsh, my DS has had fevers on and off for months and so I've learned a lot about what is hot and what is a fever)

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jul-09 11:05:43

Oh and the average baby has 14 colds with temperatures in the first year - there will scarcely be any months when you won't have a time when he is a bit hot. You could wait forever to get the optimum conditions IME.

aurorec Tue 07-Jul-09 11:43:18

I've decided not to go ahead with the appointment.

I know 37.9 is not that high a temperature, but my son has NEVER had a fever before (he's had plenty of colds but not with fevers)and his normal temperature (like his sister's) is usually closer to 36.

So all things considered I decided to make sure he was fully over it before he gets his boosters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now