Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

second round of jabs and DD still very very unhappy. Is this normal?

(6 Posts)
gingerninja Thu 02-Jul-09 20:58:24

DD2 had her second round of jabs for DTaP,IPV and Hib plus first MenC yesterday and has since been in a terrible state, very unsettled,very unhappy and lots of high pitched inconsolable crying. Is this normal? It's not normal for her so I'm quite anxious as she seems somewhat distressed.

gingerninja Thu 02-Jul-09 21:45:15

anyone?

bubbleymummy Fri 03-Jul-09 09:43:51

I would definitely be worried about the high pitched cry. IF you are worried then take her back to GP. I don't have experience of this - maybe someone else does - but I wouldn't say it is 'normal' to be still crying inconsolably after a day. I very much doubt they will attribute it to the vaccine though - they very seldom do.

morningpaper Fri 03-Jul-09 09:45:51

Have you given her Calpol? Has it helped?

gingerninja Fri 03-Jul-09 21:30:23

thanks for your responses, DD2 developed a bit of a temp last night so I did give her calpol and she settled down. Perhaps it's jut a coincidence as she seems snuffly too. Today has been masked by the fact that she had to be starved for a medical procedure at the hosital so cried a lot poor little love, hopefully tomorrow will be better for her and whtever was causing the discomfort has passed.

Beachcomber Tue 07-Jul-09 08:41:24

Gingerninja the high pitched cry is a sign of vaccine reaction. You should write down exactly what has happened and when you feel ready insist that your Dr reports this through the Yellow Card scheme. You can do it yourself if your doctor refuses.

In the meantime give your DD plenty of vitamin C and cod liver oil for vitamin A if she will take it.

I hope she is doing better now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now