Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

For those interested (ho hum) in our dear friend Brian Deer.

(5 Posts)
saintlydamemrsturnip Wed 01-Jul-09 22:18:17

Press release from Thoughtful House (who of course employ Wakefield- not as a clinician though).

Beachcomber Tue 07-Jul-09 08:32:22

Hah!

Also this from the Spectator, it doesn't really discuss the official complaint from Dr Wakefield but points out the unethical position Deer has put himself in by passing himself off as an independant reporter re the GMC hearing when in fact he is most certainly not.

www.spectator.co.uk/melaniephillips/3362116/a-deer-in-the-headlights.thtml

This article takes a little look at the complaint against Deer.

Beachcomber Tue 07-Jul-09 09:53:23

Also this documentary "Selective Hearing" by Alan Golding examines Brisn Deer's role and who has helped him along the way.

There is sobering footage of parents of the Lancet 12 describing their dealings with Deer.

Please take a look but set aside some time to do so as the film is nearly 1 hour long.

The video has been donated to the Cry Shame website

A copy has been sent to the BBC but I don't think we should be holding our breath waiting for them to air it.

saintlydamemrsturnip Sat 11-Jul-09 21:47:29

Oh thanks Beachcomber, I will have a look at that when I get the chance.

lol at the idea of Deer being an independent reporter at the GMC.

I can imagine Deer's dealings with the parents. MMR/Wakefield aside I went right off him when he was gloating about a mother's death on his website.

poface Sun 12-Jul-09 16:16:04

great spectator article. Scary stuff. hello saintlydame I'm not supposed to be here but still deliberating..]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now