Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone's DC had a new mole appear in site of injection, if so were there any problems in later life?

(6 Posts)
pussface Thu 18-Jun-09 20:46:49

My DD has a large mole at the top of her thigh which appeared after her 4mo vaccination. Her leg was bruised after the injection which then died down and then developed into a 5mm pale brown mole.

I am very upset about this and am getting worried now as she is due her booster tomorrow. I just want some reassurance that DD will be ok perhaps it will fade? Has this happened to anyone else out there?

AnyFucker Thu 18-Jun-09 20:48:46

I have 4 large moles at the site of my old dpt injection in my arm (also a large indentation there)

I am in my 40's and have had no problems, neither do I expect any

Try not to worry

pussface Thu 18-Jun-09 21:01:29

Thanks, I had put it out of my mind it is just because it is her booster tomorrow. I did google it and found no mention so I am assuming its harmless and the hv and docs aren't worried. I'm just upset that it happened.

AnyFucker Thu 18-Jun-09 21:09:33

it may fade, become less noticeable

even if it doesn't, she will be fine

dannij22 Mon 05-Oct-09 17:29:53

Hi this is exactly what has happened with my little girl. She had her 12 week injections, got a bruise then a mole appeared

don't know what it is but she has her 16 week ones tommorow

blowbroth Mon 05-Oct-09 17:59:21

When my dd was born I stupidly agreed to let her trial a new anathestic for babies which was applied before an injection. It was just like a wet wipe used to numb the area before the injection. Anyway, that was all fine and they gave her a jab in her back (she was only 2 days old fgs, what on earth was I thinking) and a mole has developed there. She is 9 years old now and I've always regretted my stupid decision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now