Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

German Measles - how long does it take for vaccine to work?

(3 Posts)
Ewe Mon 08-Jun-09 18:54:54

DD had MMR about 3.5 weeks ago and today there is a notice saying that German Measles is going around nursery and two of her 'friends' have it.

Do you think she will be immune? TIA.

peanutbutterkid Mon 08-Jun-09 18:56:59

I think she's immune, but it'd be a mild illness if she did get it. Only risk is if she got it and was contagious to others (pregnant women, to be specific).

I knew someone who never developed Rubella immunity no matter how many times she got immunised for it, she had to rely on herd immunity through 2 pregnancies.

Ewe Mon 08-Jun-09 19:03:14

They really should give out a little leaflet with this sort of info on! Thanks pbkid.

I am not worried about the illness per se as I know it is generally mild but have a couple of pregnant friends and colleagues as well as being the only person in my office who can do my job at the moment due to my manager being seriously ill. So if she isn't immune I need to try and think through a contingency plan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now