Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

12 months jabs :( sickness and diarrhoea

(7 Posts)
goldilockz1 Sun 15-Oct-17 19:34:15

hi i was just wondering if anyone elses little ones had been sick after their jabs? my daughter had her 6 in 1 jabs Wednesday and was a bit warm then at bed time was sick once. Thursday she was okay all day sick at bed time..Friday very grumpy but wasn't sick :/. Then Saturday she projectile vomited at bed time and had a couple of bad nappies in the day. Today shes been miserable/grumpy and a bit off her food she did one mouthful of sick this afternoon and had horrible diarrhoea 4 times sad . I phoned 111 and they just said it could be jabs or a bug.. to phone back if she goes floppy ... or gets a rash .. very hot or is having bad nappies every hour! I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar reaction? thanks in advance x

MittensIsReadyForWinter Thu 26-Oct-17 04:46:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

cantfindausername2 Thu 26-Oct-17 05:59:25

What is your motivation going into threads about vaccinations and fear mongering?

eurochick Thu 26-Oct-17 07:01:14

Pretty much every vaccine made my baby throw up. It just seems to be how her body reacts. With the MMR the effects came a couple of weeks after the jabs, in line with the incubation periods for some of the illnesses vaccinated against (and coincided with our holiday...).

MittensIsReadyForWinter Thu 26-Oct-17 09:22:53

@cantfindausername2 just saying how it is? I am not scaremongering anyone.

Y0uCann0tBeSer10us Thu 26-Oct-17 11:40:33

When you say she had the 6 in 1 was that all she had (i.e. are you spreading the jabs out)? Or did she have three injections and an oral vaccine at this visit as per the official schedule? It's not clear what set of vaccinations this is (2, 3 or 4 months), but if she also had the rotavirus vaccine (the oral drops) this is the most likely culprit for the vomiting and bad nappies.

Either way, all you can do at this point is keep an eye on her and ride it out. If she did get the rotavirus vaccine be sure to disinfect everything thoroughly to prevent it spreading throughout the whole household. Also, be extra careful that she doesn't become dehydrated, especially if she had Bexsero at the same time as this causes fever more often than not, sometimes quite a high one.

Y0uCann0tBeSer10us Thu 26-Oct-17 11:41:12

I've just seen when this was posted! Hopefully your DD is fully recovered by now OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now