Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HPV vaccine

(12 Posts)
Chez999 Sat 30-Sep-17 10:07:49

Has any one let their daughter have the HPV vaccine , and if so, did they have any side effects?

kimlo Sat 30-Sep-17 10:10:32

yes dd1 has had it. No side effects at all, but a lowered cahnce of developing cervical cancer.

meditrina Sat 30-Sep-17 10:15:24

Yes.

And no side effects.

You need to read the pack info leaflet (will be available online) if you want to see the actual, rather than anecdotal, side effect rate.

PooFlower Sat 30-Sep-17 10:19:14

My DD has suffered from nausea and maliase since having her hpv jab. It could be coincidental but I have since found out that some girls do have long lasting side effects. Sorry to link the daily fail.
www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4909164/Teen-died-HPV-jab-experts-brand-vaccine-useless.html
I am normally pro vaccine but I have since found out that the vaccine may only protect for 5-7 years anyway so I do regret letting DD have it.
To give a balanced view all of DDs friends have had the hpv jab without side effects, so I think we have just been unlucky.

Chez999 Sat 30-Sep-17 12:23:45

Have read all of material sent from school, just thought I'd check. I don't think she's having it. Thanks everyone.

KatieB55 Thu 12-Oct-17 12:21:20

link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40264-016-0456-3

Yes - my daughter has been ill for more than 8 years - has POTS and dysautonomia. Reacted straight after 1st vaccination then worse after 2nd vaccination, GP said she should not have the 3rd.

MittensIsReadyForWinter Thu 26-Oct-17 04:49:26

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

cantfindausername2 Thu 26-Oct-17 06:01:28

I had it and no issues. What it protects against is far more dangerous than any possible side effects.

ChangingStates Thu 26-Oct-17 06:15:36

I have hpv which caused pre cancerous cell change in my cervix requiring treatment and annual smears following. I do worry about my much increased risk of developing cervical cancer as a result.

This from the cdc;
Each year, about 39,800 new cases of cancer are found in parts of the body where human papillomavirus (HPV) is often found. HPV causes about 31,500 of these cancers.

This from WHO:
Two HPV types (16 and 18) cause 70% of cervical cancers and precancerous cervical lesions.

This from cancer research uk:
About 3,100 cases of cervical cancer are diagnosed in the UK each year. Nearly all are related to HPV. HPV can also cause cancers in other genital areas, like the vagina, vulva, penis, and anus, as well as some types of cancer of the mouth and throat.

Both my daughters will be having the vaccination when they are old enough.

shewolfmum Thu 26-Oct-17 21:06:51

Please read up well. Some children appear to have been very damaged by this vaccine.

KatieB55 Fri 27-Oct-17 11:53:17

timeforaction.org.uk/

Caron2015 Sat 11-Nov-17 11:10:07

Interesting referenced facts about the HPV vaccination in this letter of complaint to the BBC in relation to their coverage of HPV vaccination

timeforaction.org.uk/campaign-news/open-letter-complaint-bbc-hpv-vaccination-screening/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now