Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Childhood Vaccinations

(4 Posts)
lucybennington1 Wed 12-Apr-17 16:03:12

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Crunchyside Wed 12-Apr-17 16:12:52

I filled out the survey, I think it made me do the last page twice though and I didn't want to re-write all the comments I'd already filled out, but not sure if it received my responses correctly.

It's an interesting topic, good luck with your dissertation.

lucybennington1 Wed 12-Apr-17 17:33:10

@Crunchyside Thank you so much for completing it - I am very grateful! So sorry about the last page though, I've had bother with that for a couple of days but think I my have found a solution. Technology eh! smile

Y0uCann0tBeSer10us Wed 12-Apr-17 22:06:18

I've completed it and added my tuppence worth!

Personally I don't think there is a huge problem with vaccine refusal - the uptake figures are consistently very high. I think that there is general a lack of awareness of how quickly vaccines can wear off (after a couple of years in some cases), so whenever there's an outbreak of something 'antivaxxers' get the blame, when that isn't necessarily rooted in reality.

Where there is refusal, I think it tends to be because of a parent's personal experiences (bad reactions previously etc.) rather than sensationalist media etc. so the stock response about MMR/autism that parents are often met with isn't likely to be persuasive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now