Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

First jabs prep

(4 Posts)
user1465146157 Sat 08-Apr-17 09:30:01

Hi
My 9 week old has her first jabs today - anything I can do to make it less painful / horrible?

Also know they sometimes get a temperature afterwards - what shall I have prepped for later? Just calpol?

Thank you in advance - bit worried sad

BendingSpoons Sat 08-Apr-17 09:33:17

Have Calpol to hand and be prepared to do lots of cuddling, walking around etc. If you have a sling, that might be useful. Try not to worry though, they don't all get a temperature and if they do it is often short lived. Also dress your baby in easy clothes. It was a warm day when DD had hers so she was in a dress so they could get to her legs and she didn't need dressing after.

Mary21 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:28:18

It is important to give 3 doses of paracetamol after the first and third vaccinations as a high fever is a common side effect with the men b vaccine. When given at the same time as other vaccines.You should have been given this leaflet www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/483408/9413-paracetamol-menB-2page-A4-08-web.pdf.
Note this must be paracetamol not ibuprofen

user1465146157 Mon 10-Apr-17 16:00:23

Thanks so much both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now