Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

12 month vaccine serious reaction?

(7 Posts)
Squires92 Thu 06-Apr-17 13:24:22

My friends little boy had his 12 month vaccines yesterday and hasn't crawled or walked since he just sits where you put him he's been walking since Boxing Day has anyone else had this? X

Mombie2016 Thu 06-Apr-17 13:30:30

His legs are probably sore considering the 12 month vax are 4 needles. That's normal.

Squires92 Thu 06-Apr-17 14:00:43

Thanks thought I'd just check as not had this with any of mine x

Lskz Tue 16-May-17 13:03:54

Hi Squires92,

How your little one is feeling now? How long the effect lasted?
Having the same here, lo had it yesterday and can't walk or crawl. Very clingy as well. When I see he is not mobile, he tries and cannot move my heart hurts badlysad(
Anyone else experienced such side effect? Gp says to wait till tomorrow and see if there is any improvement. He is on regular nurofen nowsad(((

BumWad Tue 16-May-17 13:06:38

My DS had terrible side effects from the vaccines. However he didn't crawl until he was 14 months so I can't really say they were physical but 2 in each leg must be a bugger! I think it took at least 2 weeks to recover fully, he had poor appetite, fever, general i wellness it was pretty bad!

Squires92 Tue 16-May-17 16:25:36

He's fully recovered now took about 3 days to start using his legs again :-( x

Lskz Wed 17-May-17 12:49:36

Thanks Squires92 and BumWad for replying.
I am glad to hear he is recovered fully.
He had it on Monday, it is 2,5days now. He started to crawl which is a good sign I believe. But still not walking, mostly his left leg.
Squires92, have you done anything to help with recover?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now