Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Delayed 12 month vaccinations. What happens next?

(16 Posts)
Whathappensnextvax Sun 19-Feb-17 14:44:33

Dd had all the vaccinations when she was meant to have them, minus the new meningitis vaccine.

She didn't have her 12 month ones (surgery cancelled, we moved etc) and an appointment has been made for her for tomorrow.

The letter says she is having: 1st diph, tet, apert, polio, hib & pneumococcal booster & mmr 1 & 1st menb.

I can't find her record book since the move blush but surely she would have had some of these already? I feel really uncertain about her having so many vaccines in one go. Is this because we waited 6 months, so she has to start all over again?

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 19-Feb-17 14:47:39

It sounds right to me. Several multiple immunisations in 4 injections.

Plunkette Sun 19-Feb-17 14:49:46

Phone your old surgery and ask them what she's already had.

Whathappensnextvax Sun 19-Feb-17 15:10:48

Found her baby book. She's had some of the ones mentioned in the letter as that's the 5 in 1 which she's had.

So I think she just needs the hib/men c, mmr and pcv according to nhs website. (And men b if we decide to give it). But then as we've waited 6 months to have them, I'm wondering I the reason they put them on this letter is because she had to has to start all over again?

dementedpixie Sun 19-Feb-17 15:14:50 - gives the schedule and what they are due at 12 months ish

dementedpixie Sun 19-Feb-17 15:16:16

Maybe take the book along so they can see which ones have been given/missed

dementedpixie Sun 19-Feb-17 15:17:33

They wouldn't start the baby ones again if she's already had all the doses. Could just be an admin mix up

CatsCantFlyFast Sun 19-Feb-17 15:21:15

Careful of using the schedule online as it's changed recently. Therefore you should refer to the schedule in the red book as they'll keep her on the schedule she started I think

Whathappensnextvax Sun 19-Feb-17 16:37:41

The schedule in her book doesn't mentioned the men b though. I guess I'll have to take the book with me tomorrow and see what they say. Just feel a bit anxious about not being sure what she's having/how many she's having. Hopefully it'll be ok though! Does the MMR have side effects? I don't really want to Google as I can guess the autism debate will come up!

bumbleymummy Sun 19-Feb-17 20:17:15

You don't have to give them all at once. People often decide to spread them out e.g. Give MMR and/or men b separately.

Devilishpyjamas Sun 19-Feb-17 20:19:04

She shouldn't be having primary dtap surely (if it says first - she's had that already).

Whathappensnextvax Mon 20-Feb-17 12:59:23

I've written down what the nhs vaccination schedule says she needs at 13 months, and will see what they say. I think I will request to leave the men b one for today and come back another time as I don't feel happy her having that and the MMR in one go. Will have to see what they say though. Feeling nervous about it - I'm needle phobic so trying to control my anxiety as I don't want her being like me!! Hopefully it'll all be ok though.

bumbleymummy Mon 20-Feb-17 15:40:12

They can't force you to give her both so if you only want one of them then that's what she'll get. Good luck! smile

Anxiousmum2017 Mon 20-Feb-17 16:33:57

After an argument she agreed she can have the men b at a later date but she was so rude and judgemental, it wasn't a pleasant experience. But it's all done for now! Thanks for your help

bumbleymummy Mon 20-Feb-17 18:15:54

Sorry that you had to deal with rudeness. sad I know lots of parents who separated them - Many because it's recommended to give calpol with the menb because of the risk of fever whereas that's not recommended with other vaccines because it can interfere with immune response. At least it's done now! smile

Anxiousmum2017 Mon 20-Feb-17 19:54:43

She was very judgemental, told us off for being late having the vaccines, didn't acknowledge dd or say hello or bye to her when dd did. She told us we had to consent to men b today or she couldn't have it. I said no and said I won't be bullied or pressured into making that decision today, so suddenly we were allowed to come back in 4 weeks for the men b!

I didn't actually know you're not meant to give calpol for other vaccines, so that's good to know. Thank you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: