Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HPV vaccine

(4 Posts)
Nerksgirl Thu 09-Jun-16 10:39:31

Yesterday my dd was given her 2nd lot of vaccine and we were not given any notice until I got the call that an ambulance had been called. She had feinted and was basically unconscious for around half an hour or so, last week she was poorly anyway and she hadn't had a decent breakfast (13 and rushes a around with makeup and phone). Now although at the very beginning I had given consent for the vaccine she had a funny turn with the first one, sick and dizzy, the school were aware as they called me to take her home. Now we have been given no clue that this was happening and neither did the kids. Does anyone else think this is wrong? I am completely fuming at the school about this and they Re already trying to wriggle out of it. Where can I get legal advice? I have zero trust in that school.

KatieB55 Thu 09-Jun-16 11:47:39

Nerksgirl - Please send me a private message with your phone number and I will call you. First thing to do is submit a Yellow Card Report to the MHRA:

yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

I'll look out for your message.

bigego Thu 09-Jun-16 13:24:23

The girls (and boys) can give consent under the uk law called "Gillick (or Frazer) Competency".

Originally focused on teenage birth control, it is being applied to the schools based vaccination drive.

KatieB55 Wed 15-Jun-16 12:38:26

vaccination.co.uk/http:/vaccination.co.uk/reduce-cervical-cancer-rates-screening-healthy-lifestyle-not-vaccinating-12-year-old-virgins/

Some interesting points in this article.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now