Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it normal to receive 12 week vaccination at 15 weeks?

(5 Posts)
Lizzie92 Sat 23-Apr-16 11:41:38

I'm slighlty confused. My 12 week old is due his injections this coming Thursday. I've just received his appointment card saying his appointment is 12th may (I thought it weird that he hadn't received an appointment yet) the thing is because he was born on a Friday and clinic is a Thursday he will then be a day of 15 weeks at his 12 week injections..? And then due another set in just over a week..? Is this normal practise..? I'm going to call on Monday and ask why has this happened and hope it's some kind of error.

NotSpartacus Sat 23-Apr-16 11:46:47

It doesnt matter if they are given late.

dementedpixie Sat 23-Apr-16 11:49:06

It doesn't matter much if they are late. The following ones will also be late as there will be a minimum time between each set

abbsismyhero Sat 23-Apr-16 11:49:09

it doesn't matter if its exactly on the date my son didn't have his till he was nearly one

YouMakeMyDreams Sat 23-Apr-16 11:49:48

It's fine. If the clinic is only one day a week then they just won't have time in a day to fitveveryone in sometimes. It's not a problem giving them at 15 weeks. He won't get the next lot the following week they will still be done 4 weeks apart.
The schedule isn't law it's a guide. You can choose to defer, put off because your baby is unwell or in cases like this the clinic is busy and it's a few weeks late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now