Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vaccination Research

(4 Posts)
londonstudent Thu 24-Mar-16 10:59:35

Hi there,

I am a student at University College London currently trying to do research for my dissertation. The topic I am looking at is vaccination controversy.

Would anyone be willing to talk to me about their child's upcoming or recent vaccinations? I would prefer in person, so anyone in London would be greatly appreciated. However I would be happy with contact over email.

My project has got ethical approval and all information provided will be kept strictly confidential.

Please contact me on londonstudent519@yahoo.co.uk if you can help.

Many many thanks for your help and replies,

Harry

scaevola Thu 24-Mar-16 17:24:43

Are there particular age DC you are interested in, or particular immunisations?

For example, I was wondering if you are looking for parents of DC who were born in about 1996, whose older siblings could have had non-MMR measles immunisations on NHS but who could not have the same owing to its withdrawal in 1998? Especially as the picture of evidence about the safety of the MMR was somewhat different before the many, many studies showing fears were unfounded.

Or are you looking for say parents of babies/children too old to qualify for the new meningitis B?

(I'm assuming you're not asking on this forum about the 1970s DPT controversy)

pigeonpoo Thu 24-Mar-16 17:31:36

If you contact me with some details I can verify who you are and what your researching then I'd be happy to...

Iv been "anti" and come around to being fairly "pro" yet still cautious with vaccinations

lljkk Sun 17-Apr-16 19:41:20

You need to say how old. LIke my teens have been having meningitis & HPV, but maybe that's not what you want.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now