Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Meningitis

(3 Posts)
sugar21 Tue 08-Dec-15 19:54:56

Having read the guest post from Sacha whose ds died fron brain cancer, she has also said that DD had meningitis after one of his surgeries.
My dd2 died from bacterial meningitis 4 years ago.
I'm posting to those of you who are offered the meninigitis vaccination
Please give it some serious consideration. I know you'll be worried about your dc being a little bit poorly after the jabs, but at least they will have some immunity.
Meningitis killed my dd2 in hours. One day she was with me, the next she was gone.
Ask yourselves which is worse, your baby having a temp for a day or two and having to administer Calpol or
Watching your OH carrying a tiny casket into church.

You don't want to be in my shoes.

Hubnut Fri 05-Feb-16 15:49:42

Thank you for posting. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I was looking at this board because having wobbles over second men b jab for older baby (went private and the first one made him sick). You are right of course, this is too serious to risk. X

Havalina1 Fri 05-Feb-16 16:01:43

I'm so sorry sugar21. Thanks for speaking up to everyone.

My little boy is getting his second meningitis jab next week. I wouldn't skip these for the world.

We had a meningitis scare at 7 weeks. I hadn't really considered it before properly. It was an ecoli infection in his kidneys instead. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now