Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Flu vaccine symptoms

(3 Posts)
Rachelcarter1001 Sun 08-Nov-15 18:13:11

My 4 year old daughter had the flu nasal spray on Wednesday its now Sunday evening and she's complaining of a head ache and has a temp of 39.3, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long the symptoms can take to come out and if anyone has had the same thing happen.
Thank you in advance smile x

Flewbag Mon 09-Nov-15 14:18:20

My daughter had the nasal spray on 29th (11 days ago). And started with similar symptoms shortly after. Temperature up near 40, vomiting, hacking cough, and constant sniffing up and all the usual flu symptoms. She is still bad now. She's never been ill for this long before. She's absolutely shattered, clingy, not herself at all. At first I thought it was just a normal immune response from her body after being exposed to the virus(s) but now I'm convinced she has flu. Obviously I will never know if it was the vaccine but it is very suspect indeed and I have read lots of similar experiences online. I just hope she's better soon as she's absolutely shattered. Hope yours feels better soon. Lots of little ones get a high temp after vaccine for a few days so hopefully it won't take long to get better, as it has with mine.

trilbydoll Mon 09-Nov-15 14:20:09

DD vomited her dinner back onto the plate and had a fever that night, she was soaking wet. She woke up the next morning full of beans and seemed fine. In hindsight though, she was very tired the following week, kept asking to go to bed at 5pm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now