Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MenB vaccine - anyone else's baby really cranky for days after?

(5 Posts)
wtfih Tue 27-Oct-15 16:53:03

My daughter (11w) had this vaccine on its own on Friday morning.
She developed high temperature (38.8 or 9) during the night which scared the life out of me but recovered on Saturday.
However she has been absolutely cranky since.
She was just about getting there in terms of being settled and prior to the vaccine we really enjoyed each other a lot. Playing, going for long walks in the park and even shopping.
Now she screams her head off everytime I put her in the pram and is a nightmare before bed in the evenings.
We left home this afternoon to meet a friend but had to return home because she wouldn't stop screaming. I had to carry her in my arms and push the pram at the same time.
I'm tired and sobbing.

Anyone else that had a similar issue after this jab?

comeagainforbigfudge Tue 27-Oct-15 17:03:08

Oh god yes.
With both jabs. First time cranky, screaming head off, roasting to touch and off her food.
Second one not quite as bad but still cranky and off her food
Took at least 3/4 days to get back to normal.

I was a tired crying mess the first time as well. Was just awful!

flowers and wine for you.

(I just took her out long walks each day, the fresh air helped us both. And it made her cries seem less loud as well)

3sugarsplease Tue 27-Oct-15 17:19:39

Completely normal! After 1st jabs (8weeks) he was a nightmare for a week, super unsettled, for his second jabs he was unsettled for the rest of the day but back to his usual self the next day! Keep the calpol at arms reach! smile

wtfih Tue 27-Oct-15 18:47:47

Thank you both.
It's just that its been 4 days now so I was expecting things to get better. Especially because I have spread out the vaccines so she got the menb one only, no other shots with it. Today was worse than yesterday thoughsad
The first couple of days she was throwing up after each feed also. So that and the fever are gone now, but not the crankinesssad

comeagainforbigfudge Tue 27-Oct-15 21:15:52

Aw wee lamb sad

Hopefully a good night tonight and the crankiness will go.

says me whose child has been cranky ALL DAY FOR NO PIGGIN REASON

Sorry venting. Not helpful.

Maybe have some wine tonight? You deserve it grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: