Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Delay MenC/HiB booster for Mickey Mouse?

(2 Posts)
Fallforallmycharms Thu 22-Oct-15 20:38:21

DS (18m) hasn't had a Men C / HiB booster yet due to his catching every illness that comes within 50 miles of us. According to the UK schedule, the booster is due at 12-13 months but the last four months have brought ear infections, chickenpox, chest infections and, last week, hand foot and mouth. He is up to date with his other shots.

We are set to travel on big family lifetime trip to the U.S. in 10 days. Am considering taking him for the booster beforehand as don't want to take any risks healthwise. Otoh he's still in the latter stages of hand, foot and mouth and just finished an antibiotic last week.

Thanks if you've read this far! Has anyone any thoughts? Thanks

anotherdayanothersquabble Mon 09-Nov-15 11:44:17

With his history, I would delay, not for the trip especially but to allow his immune system to recover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now