Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HPV Vaccination - European Medicines Agency safety review

(3 Posts)
KatieB55 Sat 19-Sep-15 10:43:44

www.ema.europa.eu/ema/index.jsp?curl=pages/news_and_events/news/2015/07/news_detail_002365.jsp&mid=WC0b01ac058004d5c1

Parents whose children are due to have the HPV vaccination this month might be interested in this.

www.hamhighbroadway.co.uk/news/health/hpv_vaccine_safety_mother_tells_of_daughter_s_debilitating_illness_as_ham_high_investigates_1_4238688

Caron2015 Sun 20-Sep-15 10:51:03

I wonder how many parents realise that the HPV vaccine is currently subject to a safety review by the European Medicinces Agency?

The safety review was forced by Denmark who have taken the steps of setting up 5 regional intake centres specifically to assess girls who develop health problems after HPV vaccination. The EMA safety review is looking at two serious neurological conditions which has been observed in girls following HPV vaccination: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). Because these conditions occur in unvaccinated people too, the EMA are looking at if there is an increase since the introduction of the HPV vaccination and if there are any signs of a causal relationship.

As a founding member of the Association of HPV Vaccine Injured Daughters (AHVID) in the UK, I would like to make contact with as many families as possible with daughters who have developed new health conditions following HPV vaccination. There is some urgency with this as we are preparing information to submit to the EMA for consideration in the Safety Review.

I can be contacted at: caronryalls2025@gmail.com. Please feel free to pass on my email address

SteveCA7 Fri 02-Oct-15 16:34:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now