Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MenW or MenB?

(5 Posts)
thelittlebooktroll Sat 01-Aug-15 10:53:14

I was going to give my 3 children (9, 13 and 14) the MenB vaccine this autumn. I now read that there is a new MenW vaccine which is also recommended especially for teens. I cannot afford to give them both and now don't know which one to go for. Has anyone had any of these privately in London? Where did you go? I usually go to the clinic in Fleet Street for the annual flu jab and have been happy with them so far.

I am a big vaccine fan and love pouring as many vaccines into my children as possible so would appreciate no scare mongering on this thread as possible as I find that very tedious. Thankssmile

Edenviolet Sat 01-Aug-15 10:57:11

Men B

We had our four dcs vaccinated when it first came out and if I had to choose between b and w now I'd do men b first.

My 13 year old will be having the men w vaccine in the next month or so. I have an 8 yr old and not sure if he will be able to have it too. Others at 5 and 3 may be too young.
I think it's very wise to vaccinate against these things

thelittlebooktroll Sat 01-Aug-15 11:12:40

Thanks Hedgehog. Will your 13 year old get the MenW privately?

Edenviolet Sat 01-Aug-15 13:14:08

Yes as she will be in year 9 and the gp said its only on nhs for year 10 and above

thelittlebooktroll Sat 01-Aug-15 15:28:09

Thanks Hedgehog

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now