Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

3-in-1 teenage booster. Not sure if DS has had one....

(8 Posts)
Pussycatbow Thu 02-Jul-15 22:37:08

Does anyone know what year this was introduced? We've moved around a lot and I'm having difficulty finding out/remembering if DS aged 23 ever had one. Would help to knoww what year this was introduced. TIA

Pussycatbow Fri 03-Jul-15 07:35:24

Bump

bruffin Fri 03-Jul-15 09:34:07

I would have thought he would have it done at school. I remember having it at school and I am 52 shock My ds had it at the gp because he forgot the form, but my dd had hers at school, but I couldn't remember when and ended up having to call the school nurse and they gave me the date. It should be done around the age of 15, but locally it says years 9 to 11

bruffin Fri 03-Jul-15 09:46:49

that was school years 9 to 11 not age 9 to 11

Pussycatbow Fri 03-Jul-15 15:37:13

Thanks so much. Pretty certain it was done age 15 but still trying to hunt down proof!

bruffin Fri 03-Jul-15 15:50:14

I ended up talking to the hertfordshire school nurse department for the date for DD, but she is still in school. Do you have a local school nurse team you could ask?

Sidge Fri 03-Jul-15 15:51:06

It's been around for yonks. Many children used to get it in school but for many ears now it's been done at some GP surgeries as school health don't do it any more. It varies between counties.

Get him to check his GP records - if he's not had it he can have it at any time. Under 25s are also eligible for a meningitis C vaccination.

Pussycatbow Fri 03-Jul-15 17:06:30

Right, after a lot of faffing around, I finally got his previous GP office to consult their database and confirm the date. They had previously denied all knowledge as he has transferred to a uni GP. However, their computer records still hold the info. I couldn't recall it being done in school but was fuzzy on the dates.

Took months to sort it out. Just got an answer todY! It was a travel clinic, doing his vaccs for exotic places, who pushed for confirmation. Glad they did.

Thanks, everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now