Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Men B vaccinations - cost of private jab

(9 Posts)
Cdnintheuk Fri 26-Jun-15 09:08:06

My DS is 4 1/2 months old and will not qualify for NHS coverage of the Men B vac. I live in North London and am wondering what is the cheapest price people have found. The lowest for my search was Hampstead Heath pharmacy at £115/shot. But the nurse in my doctors office suggested that she'd heard of lower prices because general costs were dropping because oh NHS uptake. Has anyone come across something cheaper?

ColdCottage Fri 26-Jun-15 17:51:25

My research found that it was between £114-£200 per single jab. I couldn't find anywhere in an hour radius for the £75 NHS starting rate.

Best price came from a large GP surgery about 1/2h away.

Snozberry Fri 26-Jun-15 17:52:56

We paid £155 per dose which I think is mid range, I haven't seen it for much cheaper.

Cdnintheuk Sat 27-Jun-15 20:16:18

Thanks for the feedback!

Mark070 Thu 03-Dec-15 11:43:05

Hello all,

Same question here, prices, and I have noticed that this thread is 6 months old now, i wonder if someone has any new info about it?

Cloudybutwarm Thu 03-Dec-15 11:45:19

My two are booked to have their first jabs in January and that will be £130 per jab which is the cheapest I could find. I don't think prices have gone down at all.

furryleopard Thu 03-Dec-15 11:48:53

We paid £150 per dose. Plus we had to pay to register with a private GP. DD just had her last dose in October. It was a place in Leeds.

Mark070 Thu 03-Dec-15 19:04:07

Thanks Cloudybutwarm and furryleopard,

First I had found this info, from Meningitis.org:

-------------------------
"How much will the vaccine cost if I want to get it privately?

As a guideline, the NHS list price of the vaccine is £75 per dose excluding VAT. It is being supplied to pharmacies in Ireland at a similar price. GPs or clinics can set their own charges for administration – prices in excess of £125/dose are not unusual.

- See more at: www.meningitis.org/menb-vaccine#sthash.0kSJk71m.dpuf
-------------------------

But here in the south coast we can't find anything below £135/dose.

abbieanders Thu 10-Dec-15 15:27:36

Possibly not useful information, but I had it done in Dublin this morning at €235 for two doses (GP keeps second dose to administer later).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now