Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

15 Months MMR

(6 Posts)
TheLondoner22 Mon 02-Mar-15 15:46:11

DS born in London

Red Book says MMR at 12 Months & 15 Months.

Moved out to Berkshire & all my mummy friends books say nothing about 15 Months MMR ....

What's the situation? DS is 15 Months should here having another MMR? Confused

dementedpixie Sun 03-May-15 13:30:39

the second mmr is normally given as a preschool injection around 3 years 4 months rather than at 15 months. They may give them closer together in certain areas though.

YouMakeMyHeartSmile Sun 03-May-15 13:38:17

Most places just do the 12 month than a pre school booster. A small number do the booster at 15 months.

LostMySocks Sun 07-Jun-15 10:11:46

DS has 15 month booster as we're in a measles hot spot.

bumbleymummy Mon 08-Jun-15 19:51:39

They prob give the booster earlier in certain parts of London because some areas are more likely to have outbreaks. Most places just give it before they start school - as others have said - so you'll get a reminder then.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sun 14-Jun-15 20:19:58

I realise this is a very old thread but....

I was told by our nurse that the reason many London areas go for 15 months is not just outbreaks, but that the population tend to move more often. Doing it all close together makes it less likely someone (particularly more vulnerable groups) misses one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now