Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Shit I forgot to vaccinate DS!

(9 Posts)
timer Wed 04-Feb-15 21:09:55

We've just been for our 2 year check and apparently he was due two follow up appointments after the one year check for the mmr/ chicken pox and the tetanus/polio/diphtheria/etc.

I had no idea. Didn't register anything at the time and didn't receive any sort of reminder.

I feel terrible hmm. I've got an older one but we were living in another country under a different system then so I just didn't realise it was due.

I can't believe I've put him (and other children) at risk.

He's had another round today and will be going back in a few weeks for the boosters thank goodness, so it'll be no harm done, but still.

I think I get to wear the bad parent crown today hmmhmm

Nolim Wed 04-Feb-15 21:13:39

No worries. As long as he gets them now it is all good.

dementedpixie Wed 04-Feb-15 21:15:17

chicken pox? It's not on the UK list of vaccinations.

CorporeSarnie Wed 04-Feb-15 21:15:17

Don't beat yourself up at all, he's having them now. If you didn't get an invitation to attend clinic, you couldn't have guessed when they were due. No bad parent crown needed missus cake.

Sidge Wed 04-Feb-15 21:24:43

Are you now in the UK?

None of those vaccines except the MMR would be due at one year of age.

Don't beat yourself up.

timer Wed 04-Feb-15 21:31:41

No non UK.

When are they due in the UK?

dementedpixie Wed 04-Feb-15 21:37:19

www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pages/vaccination-schedule-age-checklist.aspx

we don't get the chicken pox vaccine

coffeetofunction Wed 04-Feb-15 21:52:00

My DD didn't get her phneumococal because she was I'll & then slipped through the nhs net... I felt really bad about it... You can share my bad mum bad...I wear it most days anyway wink

timer Thu 05-Feb-15 11:08:08

hmmm I thought he missed the 5 in 1 and the MMR, but the 5 in 1 is given to 4 month olds in the UK.... maybe its different here.

Difficult doing it in another language. I never really feel like I know what is going on sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: