Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

72 babies died within 20 days of receiving GSK Infanrix hexa Vaccine

(258 Posts)
andersonsophie89 Sun 18-Jan-15 00:26:05

72 babies died within 20 days of receiving GSK Infanrix hexa Vaccine.
They reported that the deaths of these children were due to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and Sudden Unexpected Death Syndrome (SUDS) unrelated vaccination. WHAT??? What cant

Infanrix hexa combines vaccines against 6 diseases [namely Diptheria, Tetanus and Acelluar Pertusis (whooping cough), Hepatitis B, inactivated Poliomyelitis and Haemophilus influenza type B] in a single vaccine.

Why arent we informed of problems

england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/homelessness/emergency_accommodation_if_homeless/womens_refuges

Medoc Sun 18-Jan-15 00:31:56

?Sorry- why have you linked to refuges? How does that link with vaccinations?

Over what time period were these 72 deaths?

Ziggyzoom Sun 18-Jan-15 00:34:52

The death of 20 babies is very sad and shocking. However, I would need to know the time period and the numbers of babies that received the vaccine over that time period and didn't die, before I began to draw any sort of conclusion.

I haven't clicked on the link because it seems to be about something else!

passmethewineplease Sun 18-Jan-15 00:35:25

What is with your link?

I think before actually talking about your post more information is needed.

Ziggyzoom Sun 18-Jan-15 00:35:32

Sorry, 72 babies.

andersonsophie89 Sun 18-Jan-15 00:36:36

Please forget that above link. I posted this link too early and incomplete.

Here is the links regarding the vaccine I was talking about

Vaccine Bombshell: Leaked Confidential Document Exposes 36 Infants Dead After This Vaccine
vactruth.com/2012/12/16/36-infants-dead-after-vaccine/

GSK's 69 Infanrix Deaths Are Not Explicable As Coincidence
www.ageofautism.com/2015/01/gsks-69-infanrix-deaths-are-not-explicable-as-coincidence.html

Infanrix Hexa Vaccine Maims And Kills Babies
www.vaccinationinformationnetwork.com/infanrix-hexa-vaccine-maims-and-kills-babies/

Everyday there are reports of deaths/ serious and minor injuries from vaccines alternative media every day. Why doesnt the mainstream media ever report these problems in the media, so that we can know there is a problem and decide if we should or should not vaccinate our newborns with this vaccine.

Medoc Sun 18-Jan-15 00:44:43

Sorry- just tell me the actual figures- 72 out of 350, is very different to 72 out of 35 million.
Your links state 36 and 69, not 72, and they link to strongly anti-vax sites, so hardly unbiased.

ShadowSpiral Sun 18-Jan-15 00:46:22

It would also be useful to know how that death rate compares with the number of unvaccinated babies that died of SIDS / SUDS at the kind of age these vaccinated babies were. I've only had a quick glance at those links, so may have missed something, but that information doesn't seem to be there.

Medoc Sun 18-Jan-15 00:49:13

And just to lay my cards on the table- I am not pro-vax in any way whatsoever. My eldest has autism, so I didn't vaccinate the others, but you're just scaremongering.

If you want to stop people vaccinating, you need to come up with balanced, well-reasoned, soundly-evidenced papers so that people can make their minds up, not shock tactics.

AnnieLobeseder Sun 18-Jan-15 00:57:39

Apart from typical anti-vax tinfoil hat websites, who like to ping these kinds of stories off each other without actually checking any facts, the only news I can find for this drug is that a couple of batches have been pulled over concerns about contamination. Which is obviously not ideal, but is no reflection on the drug itself.

There is this story which has the headline you report about a "leaked report" (linked here) from GSK.

I have read the GSK report, which says that they estimate between 18 232 834 and 72 931 338 infants have been vaccinated with this drug between October 2009 and October 2011. Of these number of infants, the report says that there was a fatal outcome for thirteen.

So I fail to see where this doctor got his numbers.

The news article goes on to say that the Indian court upheld the doctor's conclusions that the deaths of the additional infants by apparent SIDS after receiving the vaccination seem unlikely to be purely due to chance.

But the thing about chance it, occasionally, that 1/1,000,000 event does happen. And sometimes there are random peaks in cases of any disease or cases of SIDS.

The basic conclusion is that the reason this story isn't news is that statistics are so tentative that you have to twist the numbers and squint at them to see anything out of the normal range for any vaccine. And millions of babies have been saved from life-threatening diseases for having received the vaccine.

Did you actually bother to look at any of this yourself or did you just read an sensationalised article on your favourite anti-vax site and then pop over here to spread the hysteria?

Medoc Sun 18-Jan-15 01:04:00

Soooo... it's out of 72 million?

GrinAndTonic Sun 18-Jan-15 01:16:29

Are you Sherri Tenpenny or Jenny McArthy?

andersonsophie89 Sun 18-Jan-15 01:28:35

Medoc - I dont care if the info is from the guy next door whose baby has died. I would like to know, so that I can be more euipt to find out. The fact is that babies have died, and the only people who have an interest in this are anti-vax/ vax truthers websites. You wont see this spread on daily mail?

andersonsophie89 Sun 18-Jan-15 01:29:31

ShadowSpiral - Unfortuantely the CDC even admits that they have not done a study on vaccinated vs unvaccinated. Which makes you wonder why?

Medoc Sun 18-Jan-15 01:31:39

Babies die at the hands of their parents and carers every day. Should we eliminate parents?

andersonsophie89 Sun 18-Jan-15 01:35:41

Medoc - I am very sorry to hear about your child being autistic. I am not here to scare anyone to not vaccinate. And to think I would be able to do that by just putting up a link to leaked document, is unrealistic. I am very angry that my doctor and community nurse, mainstream media arent telling me or anyone about things like this. Instead they use scare tactics like, you dont want to be one of those people whose child goes in for IV if she/he doesnt get the vaccine. The media every now and again they scare parents to getting a vaccine, becuase of some child dies from an illness but also fails to disclose other underlying health conditions of the child. How is that okay. I would really like to see the media, and health workers, either shut up about it. Or better still lay it all out. Also to report deaths and injurys accordingly, rather than putting the childs death down to SIDS.

andersonsophie89 Sun 18-Jan-15 01:42:12

Medoc I never said illiminate vaccines did I? Stop going OTT on this and putting words in peoples mouths. all I am asking is why arent we being told?

Medoc Sun 18-Jan-15 01:42:40

How very dare you!
shock
My DD1 has autism. She is a fantastic person. She's kind, generous, and incredibly talented. We don't need sympathy.

andersonsophie89 Sun 18-Jan-15 01:45:04

cus from what you are saying, it is unreasonable for me to ask why? It is so insane for me to ask why arent we told the bigger story, so that we can make a informed and unbais choice? Is it?

BlackbirdOnTheWire Sun 18-Jan-15 01:47:08

Oh ffs.

Leaving aside the very obvious truth that those parents with most cause for concern will get their kids vaccinated (I did - my 2y DS was admitted for severe breathing difficulties x5 between Oct and Dec, of course the first thing I did was book him the flu vaccine - had he then been admitted again, no doubt you'd have ascribed this to flu vaccine), you clearly don't understand the concept of vaccination. It is not a guarantee your child will live to 80+. Neither is it related to SIDS. SIDS is symptomless - you'd know about a reaction to a vaccine. If you assume 99% of parents are sensible enough to vaccinate, it's not a huge surprise that a tiny proportion of vaccinated babies sadly also fall into the SIDS category.

You have meaningless stats here. What proportion of SIDS deaths are non- vaccinated, compared to control population? What proportion of vaccinated babies don't die from tetanus, measles, etc?

My great-aunt died from tetanus aged 11. She stood on a rusty screw which pierced her foot. According to my surviving great-aunt and grandfather, it was a horrible, slow, agonising death, which still upset them both very much 80 years later. I will and do vaccinate.

andersonsophie89 Sun 18-Jan-15 01:47:18

So is my newphew. He is hospitalised with autism and also cannot walk or feed himself. And we wasnt told. Do not use the how dare you on me.

BlackbirdOnTheWire Sun 18-Jan-15 01:49:17

*Should have said 99% of parents who are able to, can.

BlackbirdOnTheWire Sun 18-Jan-15 01:51:02

I vaccinated my DC. Two of them. They don't have autism. What does that prove?

Fuck all, apart from no link. You can't have it both ways.

Medoc Sun 18-Jan-15 01:51:49

You need to educate yourself.
You could start by reading the special needs topics on here, then you should learn a bit about statistics and clinical studies.

ArsenicFaceCream Sun 18-Jan-15 01:55:58

He is hospitalised with autism

[hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: