Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Delaying vaccinations until after Christmas?

(3 Posts)
Disastronaut Wed 03-Dec-14 14:15:17

My DD is 13 months and is due to have her MMR etc tomorrow. I've read that the reaction to the mumps bit can kick in after 3 weeks - potentially hitting Xmas, when we have to go away.

I'm thinking of delaying till the New Year, but I'm worried about putting her at risk of infection by waiting, even though it's just a few weeks.

Is it dangerous? Or am
I being a bit PFB?!

Mutley77 Wed 03-Dec-14 15:14:33

I'm getting the vaccinations for dc3 done as soon as possible partly because i don't worry about / ignore the reactions to them ( never had any significant reaction to mmr for any of mine !) but also because imo the risk of actually catching anything is far more problematic than a reaction to a vaccination! But sure you would be aware if there were a measles outbreak in your area, or where you are going away to so your call smile

CatherinaJTV Wed 03-Dec-14 16:12:18

peak of reactions is 9 days post MMR, if there are any at all, so if you go now, it'll all be over by Christmas. Mumps goes round here (at least I had one student out for 3 weeks with it), so why wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now