Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

12 Month jabs incl MMR - DD soo sad! :(

(5 Posts)
Beachmum85 Fri 24-Oct-14 21:35:15

DD is 14MO and had her jabs 2.5 weeks ago (late due to a stinking cold). She obviously wailed during the actual injections (especially MMR one), but then totally fine for 5 or so days. Then...

She developed a cough which was quite phlegmy and really interrupting her sleep for several nights . That has improved, but she still coughs now and again and it sounds very wheezy, but in her throat rather than chest (should I be worried?). More puzzling than that though, is DD's general mood. She is sooo unhappy , really clingy, sensitive (cries at anything and everything) and so crabby - all so unlike her! It's so awful to see. How long will this last?? Feel so helpless and guilty. Anyone experienced side effects like this?? HELP!

LittleBearPad Fri 24-Oct-14 21:41:07

As I said on your other thread isn't it more likely she has another cold.

noblegiraffe Fri 24-Oct-14 21:53:09

My DD is like this at the moment too, clingy, whiny, not herself, coughing and waking in the night. Horrible cold going around. DD had her jabs in Feb so definitely not that!

sashh Sat 01-Nov-14 18:34:56

That's not the jabs, that's a child who is ill.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sat 01-Nov-14 18:38:45

It's the season for colds. My DD also has a bug that sounds similar to that, she was a really throaty cough. She's 11.5 months, due to have her MMR in a couple of weeks so can't be that ��.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now