Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mmr vac timings

(6 Posts)
Cordial Tue 10-Jun-14 09:12:39

My dd is due her first mmr now at12.5 months question is must it be given between12-13 months? I was hoping to wait a bit longer as don't want her poorly from vaccination whilst we are on holiday in France. A friend is telling me must be done within this time frame can anybody advise if this is correct?

meditrina Tue 10-Jun-14 09:51:30

It doesn't have to be done exactly on +/- 13 months.

I suggest you book the appointment now for on your return, then you won't forget and find months have elapsed before you think about it again.

CatherinaJTV Tue 10-Jun-14 12:01:43

MMR can be given at any time - I concur with meditrina's advice

Cordial Wed 11-Jun-14 13:24:15

Great thanks.

rallytog1 Sat 05-Jul-14 20:59:43

I don't think it's a strict window. Remember though, side effects aren't a given. My dd was fine and so were all her friends.

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 13-Jul-14 21:47:02

DD was done early as we were travelling to an area of South Africa with a measles epidemic it didn't change her schedule of other vacs. Equally I had my first dose aged 39 as I was never vaccinated for measles as a child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now